These unlock instructions apply to the original Linksys PAP2 only.
The original PAP2 is NOT a CYT device and cannot use the software mentioned in another thread.
PAP2 Unlock Guide (For 3.1.6 firmwares and earlier):
• A Few Tips to Start_________________________________________________________________________
• Initial Setup/TFTP Server
• Basic Firmware Update Instructions
• Things to do after the firmware update (Recommended)
Please Note: When using TheDiggler's method for 3.1.7 firmwares and later, the above unlock guide is probably worth reading early on to become familiar with the processes involved . See the next link for full instructions on unlocking 3.1.7 and later.
*NEW* Unlock PAP2 firmware 3.1.7 and above! (including 3.1.9 !!!)
Other Helpful Posts When Unlocking 3.1.7 and Later:_________________________________________________________________________• Primary Unlock Instructions (Post 120)
• Example Unlock Setup (Post 326)
• I'd like to use a router or switch instead of a crossover cable. How do I do this? (Post 557) AND (Post 578)
• My PAP2 Won't take up the XML to unlock the Sipura page (Post 554)
• I connected my PAP2 to the internet and it provisioned/updated itself to 3.1.9. What do i do? (Post 464)
Example Setups, Tips, and Troubleshooting After Unlocking:
• VOIP Provider Settings for an Unlocked PAP2_________________________________________________________________________
• Example Setups using cheap VOIP services
• How to forward all inbound calls to the OTHER line (Two Methods)
• How to RE-UNLOCK your adapter using the FACTORY FRESH "GPP_K" value
What if i have a different VOIP adapter like the new PAP2 V2.0?
Please note, i'm not the author of this info. Use at your own risk. Please report errors and discrepancies in this FAQ and i will update accordingly.
Credit goes to rcilink in this thread over at BBR for most of the info in this PAP2 guide.