My main old desktop started acting odd yesterday. Something is broken, not sure which part. I built the system several years ago. It has an Antec Lanboy case, Antec Smart Power PS, Biostar mb...
The rear exhaust fan has blue LED lights, which I can see through the large side window in the case. After powering down/shutting off the system the other day, I noticed the rear fan made several popping sounds & lit up for a second, repeatedly for about a minute or 2 after the tower shut off.
Then this morning I saw it doing the same thing, before I even turned the system on, it had been off for over 12 hrs. It is plugged into a power strip which was left on. This freaked me out & I shut off the power strip.
When I turned on the power strip several hours later, the computer turned itself on without me needing to push the power button. It now won't power down.
So is the problem a broken switch on the MB? A bad power supply? Bad switch on the case? Something else entirely?
I plan to shut off the power strip it is connected to as a safety precaution, but I'm concerned about a possible fire, or is that being paranoid?
I have always powered it off/shut it down when not in use.
What should I do? Fix? Replace?
Thanks for any & all advice.