Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Walmart will have Secret Deals for Black Friday

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Posted Image

Walmart.com

List of Secret Deals

New article with a mention that Walmart.com will be posting some unadvertised bargains.

If there are some special deals, they'll probably advertise them right on that main walmart.com web page.

Wal-Mart's hiding some Black Friday deals
After Web sites leaked its post-Thanksgiving discounts, Wal-Mart says it'll unveil more "specials" only on walmart.com and not in circulars
By Parija B. Kavilanz, CNNMoney.com staff writer
November 15 2006: 3:33 PM EST

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Outfoxed by numerous Web sites leaking its doorbuster deals three weeks ahead of Black Friday, Wal-Mart is striking back by hiding other discounts until Thanksgiving day.

"A week from Friday is a big day. The internet has exposed everybody's offerings well ahead of time and now the race is to see who gets out first or last. That's going to happen and I don't think there's anyway around it," Wal-Mart's chief marketing officer, John Fleming, told a gathering of analysts at Morgan Stanley's Global Consumer and Retail Conference Wednesday.

"Everybody's seen our circular. They know our prices and we know everybody else's. But then we're going to add special offerings on Thanksgiving day online," he said. "After everyone finishes with the meal, we're going to use [walmart.com] as a channel to unveil special offers that nobody has visibility to yet."

Fleming said the idea was to use this strategy to drive consumers to Wal-Mart stores on Friday. Fleming's presentation was monitored via webcast in New York.

The day after Thanksgiving is dubbed "Black Friday" because it's when retailers are said to finally move out of the red, representing losses, and into the black, indicating profits. It also marks the start of the four-week shopping blitz leading up to Christmas.

Typically for competitive reasons, Wal-Mart (Charts), Target (Charts), J.C. Penney (Charts) and other retailers debut the eagerly awaited day-after-Thanksgiving specials only a few days in advance.

Among the deals Wal-Mart is offering its shoppers this year is a 42-inch plasma HDTV for $998. Industry watchers say this marks the first instance of a 42-inch flat-panel model priced below $1,000.

Meanwhile, executives from Wal-Mart's rival Target said Tuesday that the company would rush to match Wal-Mart's Black Friday discounts, especially on such big-ticket items.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Walmart Secret Deals for Black Friday:

RCA 52" Widescreen Projection HDTV for only $474.00

Desktop Computer(No Monitor) - $148.00

Garth Brooks CD Set - $15.00

Garth Brooks DVD Set - $15.00

Nerf Showtime Hoops - $99.96 (was $238.96)

ESPN X-Games Bike 20" - $119.00

ESPN Fast Action Football Game - $119.00

VTech VFlash Game System - $69.77 (was $99.97)

GE .7 Cubic FT Microwave - $30

Kitchen Aide Classic 4 and a Half-Quart Stand Mixer -$159.00

Mr Coffee 12 Cup Coffee Maker - $14

GE 17-qt Roaster - $19.96

8' Snow Globe Lawn Decoration - $80

Xbox 360 Premium w/ FREE $50 Gift Certificate - $399.82

Home Trends Towels - $2.50 (was $4.84)

Home Trends 250 Thread Count Sheet Sets - $14.00

George Mink Fleece Robes - $12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
bump, updated with new rumors

Lisa1023

Lisa1023

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 16-November 06
i wish i could get that $148 computer online. would be perfect for my 5 and 6 yr olds. guh, no way i'm going to Walmart at 5 am

phototech11

phototech11

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 23-November 06
Anyone have any details on the $148 computer??????

L4Zy AzN bOi

L4Zy AzN bOi

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 26-December 04

Anyone have any details on the $148 computer??????

Pentium D, 512 RAM, DVD/CD RW drive per cron's intellgence

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
the picture is also of a Compaq computer. Compaq Presario

Ace_TX

Ace_TX

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 26-November 03
um, that computer is not a Pentium D

audierules

audierules

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 23-November 06
I hope that Garth Brooks CD Set doesnt sell out.

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
IMHO, the Compaq PC looks like an older sr17XX serial. Read the fine print.

Edited by kas, 23 November 2006 - 11:39 AM.

Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

Ace_TX

Ace_TX

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 26-November 03
Most of that stuff is 5 per store gotta assume the computer is the cheapest rock bottom model in the store specs are probably: Model #SR2011WM-B ??? or a similar Sempron Model Intel Celeron 352 512MB DDR2 Memory 80GB Hard Drive Combo Drive

ka0s

ka0s

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 23-November 03
that high def TV is hot. any idea how many each store is getting or model number? i know RCA has some notoriously bad sets.

Edited by ka0s, 23 November 2006 - 07:15 PM.

1566 days cig free @ 6 a pack = $9396 Saved!!!!!
Best bargain I can think of to share!

WingsOverVA

WingsOverVA

Licensed Pilot & Resident Bird Brain

• 11,053 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Joined 28-December 02

that high def TV is hot.

any idea how many each store is getting or model number? i know RCA has some notoriously bad sets.

The ad page says min 3 per store

Edited by WingsOverVA, 23 November 2006 - 10:44 PM.

To Frank Lynn Sikes 1958-2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users