Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

How early do you get in line for door busters?

21 replies to this topic

cletwin

cletwin

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 07-November 06
Does anyone know how early do you have to get to best buy to get the doorbusters

Edit by Moderator: Title Clarified

Edited by cron, 21 November 2006 - 06:06 PM.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
No set time really. Depends on how busy your local BB can get. I would guess a couple hours early will get you most items. So, let's say a 5AM opening for Best Buy......that would be 1AM or 2AM. 11PM/midnight might be a little safer if your BB has heavier traffic. Even then there isn't a guarantee on certain items, because we have no idea the quantity they are going to have on hand. I haven't done the BB line in a while though and there sounds like a bit more enthusiasm this year. Edit: Sounds like 10PM or 11PM is the general consensus of the thread to guarantee a good place in line

Edited by cron, 21 November 2006 - 04:58 PM.

garsh

garsh

Captain Obvious

• 14,279 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 05-February 03
If you're looking to get one of the cheaper laptops, then you need to be at the front of the line. You might even have to consider 10PM.
"I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone." - Bjarne Stroustrup

BlueTDimly

BlueTDimly

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,775 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 27-December 02
And bundle up if you're somewhere where it'll be cold!
Who's to say / I can't do everything, well I can try... - JJ

AMS

AMS

Angel

• Platinum Member
  • 30,941 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 26-December 02
Last year we went around to our local BB (they've since opened up more in the area so that might help the lines). The lines had at LEAST 500 people at 4:30 am. I'm guessing that if you finish your Thanksgiving dinner and head directly over to BB, you might score a place in line close enough to get what you want.
A happy wife is a happy life

k1dx

k1dx

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 20-November 04
Where do you guys live?? Last year (2005) my local best buy had about 90 people at 8pm thursday, this is montclair, california. I then drove to another BB 5 miles away (rancho cucamonga), the same thing... i then drove to another one 10 miles away, same... same thing.

No set time really. Depends on how busy your local BB can get.
I would guess a couple hours early will get you most items.

So, let's say a 5AM opening for Best Buy......that would be 1AM or 2AM. 11PM/midnight might be a little safer if your BB has heavier traffic.

Even then there isn't a guarantee on certain items, because we have no idea the quantity they are going to have on hand.
I haven't done the BB line in a while though and there sounds like a bit more enthusiasm this year.

ibihab

ibihab

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 20-November 04
Last year it was below 20 degrees and windy here in Wisconsin. We arrived at BB around 2AM and there were 50+ people already waiting in line! I heard that the first people arrived around 10PM the evening before. There weren't that many fantastic deals really. Seemed to be mostly EBay'er there looking to turn a profit. My big find was the $150 eMachine that I use for a server. A few upgrades later and it is happily serving my MP3's and videos.

paganpagesorg

paganpagesorg

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 16-November 06
Hi Everyone, I was wondering what time you all get on lines? I want the computer at BB, but am not sure what time to get in line. I know for the ps3 that at walmart they were on line the night before, but like 10pm for the 7am opening. Tents and all!! Thanks! Jenn

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Do you mean online at home on the computer? Or on line at the B&M??? I'll probably be online @ home around 4 AM...my vacuum cleaner is near death, so I'll be hunting for one...I do not venture out of the house on BF, unless someone's buying me supper... :D
Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

paganpagesorg

paganpagesorg

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 16-November 06

Do you mean online at home on the computer? Or on line at the B&M???

I'll probably be online @ home around 4 AM...my vacuum cleaner is near death, so I'll be hunting for one...I do not venture out of the house on BF, unless someone's buying me supper... :D

I meant on store outside lines, but I also asked on another thread i believe about on line deals.

How does it work on the computer on line? if you are on at 4am...do you have to wait until 5am or 11am or whatnot to get the deals?

Jenn

paganpagesorg

paganpagesorg

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 16-November 06

I meant on store outside lines, but I also asked on another thread i believe about on line deals.

How does it work on the computer on line? if you are on at 4am...do you have to wait until 5am or 11am or whatnot to get the deals?

Jenn

oh, i need a vacuum also! thanks for reminding me! are all the store deals on the computer too?

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

Jenn

It depends on the site...and now I've noticed a couple of stores that are starting their sales as early as Wednesday...but those are mostly clothing stores...Sears sent an email that said you could start shopping on Thursday, but didn't provide any further details...
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

paganpagesorg

paganpagesorg

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 16-November 06

It depends on the site...and now I've noticed a couple of stores that are starting their sales as early as Wednesday...but those are mostly clothing stores...Sears sent an email that said you could start shopping on Thursday, but didn't provide any further details...

do you know what other stores?
oh i hate when they do not give other details!

Jenn

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

do you know what other stores?
oh i hate when they do not give other details!

Jenn

Kohl's is Wednesday...per the email they sent...but they didn't give a time either...you can look at their ad here....

http://www.bargainsh...showtopic=92143

paganpagesorg

paganpagesorg

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 16-November 06

Kohl's is Wednesday...per the email they sent...but they didn't give a time either...you can look at their ad here....

http://www.bargainsh...showtopic=92143

thank you for all your help.

Jenn

AMS

AMS

Angel

• Platinum Member
  • 30,941 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 26-December 02
When we did some BF shopping online last year, some sites were slow, some regular speed. Be prepared for sluggishness or timing-out (because many online retailers are not. :p) This year, we will be OOT so if we buy anything it will be as soon as we hit the hotel. Good luck :)
A happy wife is a happy life

Lidstrom

Lidstrom

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 23-November 06
If you did not get in line by 9 PM at the Best Buy I was at, you probably did not get any doorbuster items.

Ultimate shopper

Ultimate shopper

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 30-November 05
At the Chicago Microcenter store, the first 5 shoppers were in line at 4PM the Thanksgiving Day, a full 14 hours before the doors opened! -bang- I arrived at 3 AM to be 108th in line. 30 minutes before door opening, I recounted the group and over 50 people had cut in front......shhhhhheeeeeshhhhhh!!!! :rolleyesold: Didn't matter though, because I was able to get all the TV vouchers for me to REDATE the many items I bought on Wed. with NO CROWDS to deal with. Went to breakfast before they opened, took a nap, and returned to do my business (10 minutes to redate). Amazingly I was able to buy 9 more items at the BF prices at 11AM. -banana- -banana- -banana- Ultimate Shopper.

Edited by Ultimate shopper, 25 November 2006 - 04:32 PM.

VivYip

VivYip

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 12-January 05
according to some people in the line I was in at 5am for Staples (I got in line at 4:50am...and I was the 40-50th person to late for any GPS or TVs...) they saw people already setting up camp for BB yesterday at 5pm. I was out of the staples in 12 minutes with what i wanted...and went to office depot...and was out by 6:45am... I arrived at circuit city by 7am...and found a line...that took over an hour to get in. Surprisngly, they still has some freebies even at 8:30am... Hope this might help for next year.

Xtempore

Xtempore

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 04-September 03
What line? I wait in my car until I see someone starts to unlock doors. Then I walk into the store.
I'd rather be rich than stupid. -Jack Handey

attached_mama

attached_mama

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 15-January 08
I was in line at BB last year at 4:00 pm, I was #16. (ended up being # 21 when doors opened, with cutters and spot holders -bang- ) I did have a fun time though, and met great people. So, even if the deals aren't spectacular, I may just go for the adult interaction. -blush-

ladybugs227

ladybugs227

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 07-November 04

I was in line at BB last year at 4:00 pm, I was #16. (ended up being # 21 when doors opened, with cutters and spot holders -bang- )

I did have a fun time though, and met great people. So, even if the deals aren't spectacular, I may just go for the adult interaction. -blush-

LOL.

You know, in some areas they are outlawing "overnighters" because of crime. I've read stories about people camping out for WIIs and such getting robbed at gunpoint. Some things are just not worth it.

For all those camping out, be safe.
Cindy

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users