These CYT VoIP devices can all be unlocked via the same software tool. Please note that this software is relatively untested, so use at your own risk.
CYT Device Unlock FAQ:
1) Which adapters are CYT Devices?
CYT devices are VoIP adapters that use the TI AR7 chipset.
Here are a few of the CYT adapters:
- Linksys WRTP54G - 2 phone ports, 4 port router, wireless
- Linksys RTP300 - 2 phone ports, 4 port router
- Linksys RTP200
- Linksys PAP2 v2.0 - 2 phone ports
- Vtech IP8100 - Cordless SIP phone with base
- Motorola VT2442 - 2 phone ports, 4 port router
- D-Link VTA-VR - 2 phone ports
- Linksys WAG54GP2 - 2 phone ports, DSL router
The software being discussed in this thread may at some point be able to unlock many of these devices.
Latest Beta Release: cyt 4.6 for Windows (Details on this Beta Revision)
Latest Stable Release: cyt 3.9c for Windows (Details on this Revision)
Previous Stable Releases (Old):
cyt 3.5 for Windows (Details on this Revision)
cyt 3.0 for Windows
More devices will be added to this list as time goes on.
- Linksys RTP300
- Linksys WRTP54G
- Linksys PAP2 v2.0 (not original PAP2)
- Motorola vt2442 (run using cmd-line arg: MOTO )
- D-Link VTA-VR (run using cmd-line arg: DLINK )
- Vtech IP8100
The unlocker may not work for Earthlink and some other providers. YMMV as individual providers may do things differently.
The CYT unlock tool will change the "Admin" and "user" passwords to default values (they will match the usernames). Additionally, all SIP settings are set to default by the tool.
For current customers with a VoIP provider, this tool will NOT retain any account settings after unlocking. Do not use this tool if you are subscribing to a phone service. The device you are unlocking should not be *registered* with any service unless you already know the exact SIP settings necessary for your provider.
Instructions are located in the readme file that's included in the software download
Here is a copy of those instructions:
First, configure your network so that:
- your PC is either connected directly to a LAN port on the device or
you have the device connected to a simple switch or hub and the PC is
also connected to the same simple switch.
+----------+ +------+ +----------+
| Computer |<---->|Switch|<-->|SIP Device|
+----------+ +------+ +----------+
192.168.15.100 - - 192.168.15.1
This example shows the SIP device is offering the IP of 192.168.15.1
on the LAN interface and that your PC has the IP of 192.168.15.100.
- This application requires two-way communication with the SIP device.
This means you will need to temporarily disable the Windows firewall or
open port 2400/TCP on the windows PC running the software application.
- After wiring your device and PC in a similar fashion as shown above,
you can run the software application from a Windows PC.
- The first menu, verify your IP of the SIP device. If incorrect, you
can press "3" to enter the correct IP of the SIP device.
- Using your favorite web browser, login to your SIP device. This is
required for the software to run. Skipping this step will display a
security violation on your screen.
- To start the 'reset' process, press "1".
* NOTE: After the software talks to your SIP device, you should wait up
to 1 or 2 minutes for your SIP device to accept the new configuration
values. Be patient!
- After about 1 or 2 minutes, the screen should change. You should see
a screen announcing the new Admin and user passwords.
- This screen is normally a sign that your device has succeeded in the
unlocking process. Try to access the SIP settings to verify this. (On
the Linksys SIP device, you should be able to access /update.html. The
username will be Admin (yes, capital A ) and the same (Admin) for the
* NOTE: On the Linksys devices, this is often at: http://192.168.15.1/Update.html
1. Check to make sure you have a web browser open to the device.
(that means login as 'admin', not just open the page).
2. Make sure windows firewall is disabled. The device needs to
talk to the PC running the CYT program!
3. Did you wait long enough? It can easily take up to 1 minute!
* If you change the Admin / user passwords and forget them, just
run CYT program again and reset them! Remember, this will destroy
your custom SIP settings each time you run the CYT program...
8) What about other adapters like the RT31P2 and WRT54GP2?
These adapters have a different unlock method. Use the linked thread below.
RT31P2 and WRT54GP2 Unlock Discussion
Thanks go to the author of the CYT tool. (Not sure who that is)
Additional credit for tips from meister_sd/mazillo and rcilink @ dslreports