Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

RIP Pop Icons of the '50s, 60s, '70s, '80s....Prior & Beyond

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 161,860 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Leonard Nimoy, Spock of Star Trek, Dies at 83

Edited by kar522, 14 April 2015 - 12:27 PM.

Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 161,860 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
From MSN...

Windell Middlebrooks Dies: Body Of Proof, Miller Beer Ads Actor Was 36

Windell Middlebrooks, who co-starred on Body Of Proof and played a diligent delivery guy in a series of ads for Miller High Life, died today at his home in Los Angeles. He was 36. No cause of death has been reported. It was Windells biggest wish that his final scene not be lived on social media, his family said in a statement confirming the actors death. Further details will be forthcoming once the family members plans have been finalized.

A native of Fort Worth, Texas, Middlebrooks started out doing TV guest shots in episodes of such series as The Bernie Mac Show, My Name Is Earl, Veronica Mars, Hannah Montana, ER and Parks And Recreation. He later recurred on The Suite Life On Deck and Scrubs before landing a regular gig as Curtis Brumfield on the medical procedural Body Of Proof, which aired from 2011-13 on ABC. He also guested on Cougar Town, Entourage and Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia and appeared on the 2009 features Enlightened! and Miss March.

He also appears in the Adam Carolla film Rode Hard, which hit theaters Friday, and just two weeks ago booked a guest role on Starzs upcoming comedy Blunt Talk from Seth MacFarlane and Jonathan Ames.

Middlebrooks, a graduate of UC Irvine, might be best recognized for his pitchman role for Miller High Life in its humorous Take Back the High Life campaign. He was the rather in-your-face beer delivery man who chastised imbibers for their incorrect choices then saved the day by leaving his product with them and noting that his quarry now was living the High Life.

Windell-Middlebrooks-Dead-199x300.jpg

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 161,860 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
From MSN...

Three Dog Night Star Jimmy Greenspoon Loses Cancer Battle

Three Dog Night star Jimmy Greenspoon has died five months after asking fans to help fund his medical expenses for a battle with metastatic melanoma.The keyboard player lost his battle with cancer on Wednesday (11Mar15).

A post on Three Dog Night's Facebook page confirms the 67 year old's death. It reads: "We are very saddened at the passing of our dear friend and longtime band mate Jimmy Greenspoon. Jimmy died peacefully at home today surrounded by his family. Please keep him and his loved ones in your prayers and your hearts."

Greenspoon was part of the group's classic 1960s and 1970s line-up, which notched up a series of hit albums and 21 consecutive Billboard Top 40 hits in the U.S.

Frontman Chuck Negron offered a tweet tribute to his late bandmate on Wednesday, writing, "Today, God took another for his rock and roll band in heaven. Jimmy Greenspoon left us today after a gallant and brave fight with cancer."

Greenspoon continued to perform with Three Dog Night until he began battling health issues. He also worked with Eric Clapton, Stephen Stills, Jeff Beck and Jimi Hendrix, among others, and he composed original music for films like Field of Dreams, Die Hard and Predator.

He was diagnosed with cancer in October (14) and launched a campaign via the GoFundMe.com website to help his family cover medical bills.

Announcing the news, he said, "My wife took me to the hospital where a CT Scan revealed a brain tumor. I was transported to a different hospital with a good neurological team. The tumor was removed on October 13th and diagnosed as a metastatic melanoma. Upon further examination, three spots were found on my right lung and one spot on my liver."

Edited by kar522, 21 March 2015 - 06:22 AM.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 161,860 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
From the LA Times...

A.J. Pero Dies At 55; Drummer For Heavy Metal Band Twisted Sister

A. J. Pero, the drummer for the heavy-metal band Twisted Sister, died Friday. He was 55..

The band said Pero died of an apparent heart attack while touring with Adrenaline Mob, a group with which he played in between engagements with Twisted Sister.

Twisted Sister guitarist Jay Jay French said Pero was on a tour bus Friday morning when Adrenaline Mob band members tried unsuccessfully to awaken him, then called an ambulance. He was taken to a hospital in Poughkeepsie, N.Y., where he was declared dead shortly after 11 a.m.

"His drive was the heart and soul of the band's sound, the engine that drove us," French said. "We lost a friend and a legend."

Twisted Sister singer Dee Snider called Pero "the final piece in a band that would become an international sensation and one of the greatest live rock acts to ever hit the stage." "His sledgehammer assault on the drums helped drive Twisted Sister and I to greatness, and inspired me to rock every single show," Snider said. "My heart breaks knowing I will never feel the power of his beat behind me, or turn to see his face smiling broadly from the sheer joy he got from doing what he loved."

Pero was well-known for a scene in the video for 1984's "We're Not Gonna Take It" in which he struck a snare drum covered with glitter, sending it spraying into the air.

A native of Staten Island, N.Y., Pero joined Twisted Sister in 1982, right before the bar band exploded onto the burgeoning heavy metal scene after nearly a decade of slogging through small clubs. Wearing makeup and glam costumes, the highly visual band was a perfect match for the fledgling MTV video network and become one of its mainstays with hits that included "I Wanna Rock."

French said the band will soon consider what to do about its six upcoming summer tour dates.

a.j.pero_.jpg

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 161,860 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Rev. Robert H. Schuller, Hour of Power Evangelist, Dies at 88

http://www.nytimes.c...at-88.html?_r=0

03Schuller-web-master675-v4.jpg

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 161,860 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
[Robert Burns Jr., First Lynyrd Skynyrd Drummer, Dies at 64

http://www.nytimes.c...dies-at-64.html

628x471.jpg

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 161,860 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Geoffrey Lewis, Actor in Clint Eastwood Movies, Dies at 79

10294-5834.gif

James Best, Bumbling Sheriff of The Dukes of Hazzard, Dies at 88

James+Best3.jpg

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 161,860 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
'L.A. Law' Star Richard Dysart Dies at 86

richard-dysart-dead.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 161,860 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Richard L. Bare, Director of Green Acres, Dies at 101

BARE-OBITS-WEB-master675.jpg

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 161,860 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Percy Sledge, Who Sang 'When a Man Loves a Woman,' Dies at 74

percy-Sledge.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users