Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Soup Can Dispenser?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

NARC

NARC

Arresting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,168 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03
Does anyone know of anyplace to get some of the soup can dispensers like the ones that cambells uses in the store? My pantry really could use one. I'm definitely going to ask my local store, but if anyone knows someplace better, that would be great.

adognamedchuck

adognamedchuck

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 06-February 03

Does anyone know of anyplace to get some of the soup can dispensers like the ones that cambells uses in the store?  My pantry really could use one.

I'm definitely going to ask my local store, but if anyone knows someplace better, that would be great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are plastic or wire dispensers you can buy for storage of soda pop cans in the refrigerator - wonder if the size of soup cans is similar enough that one of those might work in your pantry?

You could probably pick those up at Target, Kmart, etc.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 146,348 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

There are plastic or wire dispensers you can buy for storage of soda pop cans in the refrigerator - wonder if the size of soup cans is similar enough that one of those might work in your pantry?

You could probably pick those up at Target, Kmart, etc.

I had the same thought...:)
Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

NARC

NARC

Arresting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,168 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03
Yeah, I had thought about that too. But I'm really trying to maximize space, and those fit the condensed soup cans like a glove - and really fit a lot of cans. I certainly may fall back to that, but I'm looking for the ideal solution first. :)

crimson

crimson

evil little piggy & tease?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Joined 09-June 03
Posted Image
Chrome Soup Can Rack
Equal rights for all in every state

apricot

apricot

Sweety

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,568 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 05-February 03
Check qvc.com (just search for the item number) Item Number L5758 Rack-n-Stack Pantry Organizer with Accessories QVC Price $25.00 Introductory Price $22.65 Shipping and Handling $5.72 Save! Buy two or more and save on S & H. Click here for details. Keep your canned goods neat, tidy, and at the ready with the Rack-n-Stack Pantry Organizer. The durable, high-impact polystyrene rack has a space-saving roll design that makes it a cinch to find the soup, fruit, or canned vegetable you're looking for. Includes four condensed soup wires. Measures approximately 20"L x 5"W to 7"W x 16"H. White. Made in USA.

NARC

NARC

Arresting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,168 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03
Ahh, thanks all. I had been to creative spaces, but missed that one. Apricot, that is exactly what I was thinking about. I'm not sure what the "four condensed soup wires" are for specifically, but that one is likely the one I'll be getting. Thanks!

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
IMHO, the primary reason that cans of soups are now found in horizontal dispenders at grocery stores is the greed of the chains. I guess the store management excuse (slotting fees) is that it takes labor to restock shelves. Since Campbells has countless varieties of soups to offer the consumers, than alot of shelf space is necessary, providing good slotting $$$ for the chains. Looks like those dispenders saves space and make restocking easier. There are different size racks for #10 cans that works like the in-store soup can dispenser. A great alternate to stacking those heavy cans on wire rack shelving, which can fall apart from being over loaded.
Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

crimson

crimson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Joined 09-June 03
Narc, what did you end up getting/using? I need a better storage organizer/rack for cans.

NARC

NARC

Arresting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,168 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03
wow, digging this one out! Well, I went to my local grocery store and they said that I could have an old one, but it was broken and wasn't going to work very well. I said to myself that I could just build one and be done with it. So you know what happened. -bang-

crimson

crimson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Joined 09-June 03
I found this site, but they are a bit pricey [& ugly]

http://www.foodstora...ccessories_main

NARC

NARC

Arresting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,168 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03
http://cgi.ebay.com/...ShippingPayment

This could be modified for soup cans I think. Probably not the larger cans, but some stiff cardboard could make a condensed can work.

crimson

crimson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Joined 09-June 03
Seems Costco is now carrying a large can rack:

http://www.costco.co...Prodid=11233458

Posted Image

Harvest Food Rotation System $299.99 [incl S&H]
By Shelf Reliance
Item # 230269

Managing your food storage has never been so easy! The Harvest Food Rotation System by Shelf Reliance is designed to organize and rotate a large quantity of cans in a compact space. Using patented technology, this clever storage system takes the hassle out of rotating your canned goods and allows you to manage your food supply with ease. Each row is adjustable, allowing you to customize your food storage to accommodate virtually any size of can.

With the ability to support over 4000 lbs, there’s no need to worry about the strength and durability of this product! It comes with a solid one year warranty.

Features:

* Glossy black frame and black can tracks
* System is both front loading and free standing and can sit flush against a wall
* Side-to-side adjustability of CanTracks accommodates multiple can sizes
* Made from heavy gauge steel and other strength-tested materials
* Designed to efficiently rotate all sizes of cans, up to gallon / #10 size cans
* Up to 450 can storage capacity depending on the size of cans being stored
* 56 Food Label Magnets included
* Allows for quick and easy inventory of the foods you store
* No screws, nuts, or bolts required for assembly
* Dimensions: 36.5” wide x 24.5” deep x 72” tall
* Weight: 85 lbs.

NARC

NARC

Arresting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,168 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03
Wow, digging up this old thread!

Just an FYI, I got a pair of Cansolidators for christmas last year! -banana-

ka0s

ka0s

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 23-November 03
haha, nice resolution... 6 years later!
1566 days cig free @ 6 a pack = $9396 Saved!!!!!
Best bargain I can think of to share!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users