Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

SAM'S CLUB EYE EXAMS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

woow

woow

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 21-October 04
Hi does anyone here have used Sams' club eye exams. It preety cheap $60/= for both galsses and contact exams While lenscrafters charge like $120. Does anyone knows Sam's club does a good job in eye exams? I am in Rochester, NY. Please add some comments and thoughts. THANKS

pietromoon

pietromoon

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 09-November 04
do you really want to entrust your vision to the least cost provider? i would think not. you can always get contacts on the cheap after your exam.

Garlic

Garlic

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 07-January 05
They do a fine job. Eyes exams are very simple procedures. It dosnt take a brain surgen to figure out what rx you need...go to costco and save a few $$$. Your going to get the same rx if you go to costco or somewhere else and spend $120...like I said its not brain surgery to give an eye exam. You would have to be a pretty big moron to screw it up...

pietromoon

pietromoon

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 09-November 04
it cannot be stressed enough that these services are not provided by _____ <-insert megamart here, but by individuals that are independent of selected megamart. these people are trained docs not monkeys and you must as with all health care be your own advocate and that starts with knowledge.

for ny research here

Professional Misconduct and Discipline

http://www.op.nysed.gov/opd.htm

What credentials do New York licensed optometrists have?
New York licensed optometrists have completed a four-year postgraduate program of classroom and clinical training that resulted in the doctor of optometry (O.D.) degree. Most practitioners have also completed an undergraduate degree with an emphasis in chemistry, organic chemistry, biology, and physics.

Optometry programs include advanced studies in optics (the science of light and vision) and the human visual system, as well as extensive training in lens design, construction, application and fitting. Optometric education also includes studies in human anatomy, general pharmacology, general pathology, sensor and perceptual psychology, biochemistry, statistics and epidemiology.

New York State licensed optometrists have also passed an intensive three-part examination, including a practical or "hands-on" examination.

woow

woow

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 21-October 04
ranchopedro. THANKS FOR THE INPUT and thanks Garlic too. Okay now this is the deal. I used ranchopedro's link to check the doctors licences. They have different level of experiences. Lenscarfters Dr has licence from 1991 while Sams club Dr. has Licence only from 2003. Now do u guys think I should go do it Lenscarfters ?? what are ur thoughts. THANKS

Cirrus

Cirrus

Insomniac Deal Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 22-December 02
Well I'm thinking about going to Sam's club in Rochester to get an exam too... I doubt it's that big of a deal...I mean, I already have a prescription and as long as they don't tell me some crazy nonsense for a new prescription and it sounds somewhat similar to my old one I think it's ok.
Best viewed in Opera 9 (this is not a joke, my avatar looks like crap in Firefox and IE)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users