Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Do you order online for Black Friday Sales?

33 replies to this topic

megawhizz

megawhizz

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 10-November 07
CC offers a "Price Protection" guarantee, "If you select our In-Store Pickup option, you will automatically get the lowest price we're currently offering on the item(s) you purchased. If the in-store price on the day of pickup is lower than the price you saw on our website the day of your purchase, then you get the store price. We'll automatically refund the difference based on your original payment method." Says nothing about exclusions on BF - would this be a viable strategy?

catfishhunters99

catfishhunters99

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 29-November 05
Last year I bought my HDTV at Circuit City the day before Thanksgiving. It still has not dropped as low as the price that day again (web-only special picked up in-store). Point being make sure you are getting the best deal on BF by shopping your target items hard for a week or two prior to the day.

MrIVXX

MrIVXX

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 19-January 05
Like I mentioned in my other post, Last year, I called J&R electronics (NYC) and asked them about their price match policy on the night before thanksgiving. They responded that if I could email them the proof and the product was identical, then they would match. I ended up getting the Westinghouse, LCD HD TV that best buy had in thier black friday add, and I got it for the same price, free shipping and not waiting out in the cold. I owe my thanks to B$ and its members, because someone posted the BB BF Ad as a pdf and this allowed me to copy and paste it and then send it via email to customer care dept at J&R. After all that, I watched on the news, customers fighting at the local mall outside bestbuy and was told that only about 40 or 50 people out of a line of about 2000 got the stuff they wanted. I hate waiting in lines and I hate the cold, so between B$ and online shopping, I couldn't be happier

megawhizz

megawhizz

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 10-November 07
CC did respond to me that their Automatic Price Protection would NOT apply to BF specials. However I was able to order what I wanted online on Thanksgiving day, and had a smooth no-wait pickup after 12p on BF! I felt bad for the people who stood in line overnight. I kinda "cut in" to the pool of TVs available to them, and did like NO work.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users