Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Finance and Travel Forum Suggestion Thread

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Since this is a new forum, i thought we'd get some ideas on some of the following:

What kind of organization do you want in the forum?

Would you like to see some sort of filtering criteria like we have in IRD?

I listed some of the popular finance topics here Are there other major topics you think should be added?

Please add any other suggestions and questions you have. :)

qwex

qwex

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
nice job! would info specifically for students warrant a separate category?

Frank

Frank

Poker fish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03
Not sure where to put this, but could we move this thread about getting a $50 loan (and 4.25-5.00% cash back) when using the Discover card in select grocery stores (limit of $1500).

Should the requests to move finance threads to this forum go here or in another thread?

Thanks,
F

Frank

Frank

Poker fish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03
I know that I'd want to be able to filter on some categories. Some that come to mind are: credit handling money-making schemes investing tax handling other B) Can't think of anything else right now, but I'm sure others can come up with more. F

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02

Should the requests to move finance threads to this forum go here or in another thread?

Thanks,
F

Feel free to post any of the requests for moving old threads in this thread for now or just PM me directly and i'll move stuff as necessary. :)

---------

For new threads that pop in IRD or other parts of the board, just use the normal "Report This Post" to request that a moderator move over a new posting into finance.

Nickster

Nickster

El Generalisimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 09-February 03
Nice Job! Glad to see this finally. I'm wondering if we should have a seperate major category for credit repair and/or debt reduction, not sure if we want to focus on that kind of topic. I love the idea of filtering, that would be great. Also, I'm thinking of a topic including finance related tools, software, internet calculators, and informational links as well, kind of like a finance toolkit.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02

Nice Job! Glad to see this finally. I'm wondering if we should have a seperate major category for credit repair and/or debt reduction, not sure if we want to focus on that kind of topic.

Also, I'm thinking of a topic including finance related tools, software, internet calculators, and informational links as well, kind of like a finance toolkit.

credit repair and debt reduction

Finance Tools, software, internet calculators, informational links

I wouldn't mind seeing some of these split up to their own FAQs or at least dedicated threads with some of the popular info by OPs who might have a little more experience.

Then I can go ahead and link these threads up to the Master List for Finance.

It spreads out the work a little too and gives people with their vast knowledge in finance the ability to add to the forum.

We might also want people to have main lists that collect the current deals for various topics. For example, dewolfxy did the cashback thread with current deals. Someone else could create a thread that collects the current Checking Account Deals on bargainshare or a thread that collects Free Checking Accounts.

BeckyAndKristinsMa

BeckyAndKristinsMa

Ma Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 27-December 02
I would like to see a thread on Savings Bonds. Pros, cons, current rates, etc.

dewolfxy

dewolfxy

Lowly Wolfie

• 6,388 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03

I would like to see a thread on Savings Bonds. Pros, cons, current rates, etc.

Do you mean I-Bonds and E-Bonds from the US Gov't, or are you referring to bond investing in general (municipal bonds, etc)?

I-Bonds and E-Bonds became a lot less popular a while back when the gov't stopped the practice of buying them with credit cards (thus getting you reward points) and before that when the minimum holding period went from 6 to 12 months. But they still do provide a very solid (if low-interest) investment, and a FAQ would be useful.
Whatever is not nailed down is mine. What I can pry loose is not nailed down. - Collis P. Huntingdon

n99nyrwg

n99nyrwg

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 27-June 03
if somebody is really experienced with the stock market they could post their tips/tricks. another good topic would be how to make money over the internet. like pay to surf programs or surveys.
R.I.P.

McBilly

McBilly

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 27-July 06
I think paid to surf programs are pretty lame and you can make a lot more money building web site and such. I have a feeling most surveys are probably a waste of time as well :(

Monga

Monga

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,016 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 06-February 03
Why can't we start new threads in the Financial News forum?
You'll be missed, HarleyD.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02

Why can't we start new threads in the Financial News forum?

We've enabled it so that members can make replies but not new posts in the "bot" forums so that topics with real content don't get lost. (Product reviews is the exception for now)

At least for the time being until it's developed further.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users