Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

OfficeMax FAQ

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
I thought i'd start up a FAQ that might answer some OfficeMax questions.

Please add your info to the thread and I'll update.

Current Info about OfficeMax
Weekly Flyer Info
Deals
Rebates
Coupons
Retail Store
OfficeMax.com
Phone Orders
Pricematching
Airborne Express
MaxPerks

Parts of this thread were borrowed from Krunk's post here

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Current info about OfficeMax

Was acquired recently by Boise Cascade. This has caused a number of recent policy changes at Officemax. Many of these changes have caused problems with both coupons and rebates at OM. So, be a little careful for the near future. Some retail store locations have closed to reorganize and focus on more profitable locations.

Boise Cascade is paper products company that had some office stores and purchased OfficeMax to expand their presence.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Weekly Flyer Info

When does the ad come out and where can I get it?

OfficeMax Ad is usually posted on Thursdays evenings/Friday mornings on Officemax.com.
You can also pick it up in your Sunday Flyer or in stacks at the front of the store.

Why are multiple item numbers often times listed in the ad?

Often times when an item goes on ad It will be for 1 item, for example a HP refurbished 1210 for 149.99, but upon further investigation of the ad, two eight digit item numbers will appear. Ex: 2016-5789/2066-4785. The first item is the one on ad and pictured usually, and the second is one that is probably better or more expensive at the same price, just not advertised. A few weeks ago this was a 2410 at 149.99, usually at 299.99, but only the seekers got the deal. This second item isnít a substitute item or a replacement and will ring up at the register for the advertised price. Donít let an associate or manager tell you they have to sell the other item first, just grab the item and take it to the register and you will get the sale price.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Deals

What's the easiest way to whip up a deal?

Start with an item in the weekly ad that you're interested in and then add FAR items up to coupon limits.

Are OfficeMax deals a lot harder these days?

Yes, there are a lot more coupon restrictions online. Sometimes items are pulled from the web.
Some CSRs are enforcing coupon restrictions over the phone too and not allowing coupons with any sale items.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Rebates

Where can I find my rebates?

Officemax Rebates: Maxmyrebates.com
Manufacturer Rebates: Link or RebatesHQ
Misc Rebates: Additional Forms

Paper forms for OM Rebates can be found linked in cron's weekly threads
or
add the sku of the rebate item to the end of the following URL where the X's represent the sku number
ht tp://www.maxmyrebates.com/promocenter/officemax/promotion.html?sku=XXXXXXXX

What is the easiest way to fill out OfficeMax rebates?

Maxmyrebates.com now allows much more functionality to it's system so that you can fill out rebates online in batches.

Add all the rebates you need to fill out to your cart and checkout.

You will then be able to fill in your Name/Address/Phone Number one time for all the rebates

After that print out all the rebates at one time. Quick and easy.

Follow the rest of the suggestions in Rebate Tips for the rest of the submission.

Online submissions definitely increase the accuracy of your rebates.

Do coupons invalidate rebates?

NO. This has never applied to OfficeMax rebating.

Are OfficeMax.com rebates the same as the one's in-store?

Ideally, they are supposed to be. However, OfficeMax has a very bad record of making sure that all the rebates are available online. The one nice thing about in-store purchases is that the rebates now print out at the registers. Either way, the promotion codes for the rebates are identical.

How do I know whether I can send out for a rebate on an item this month, if I bought and sent out a rebate for the same item last month?

The easiest way is to compare the Department Numbers of the Parago Promotion. If the numbers are different, than you should be able to do both promos.

OM rebate are usually limited to one purchase per household/name/address, but some Manufacturer rebates allow for higher limits.

Do Officemax Rebates accept copies of the receipt or UPCs?

Most OfficeMax rebates will allow copies of the receipt even if it's not stated on the form.

UPC copies are allowed on a large percentage of rebates and is stated on each individual rebate form.

Which receipt should I send in after ordering online?

You can send in copies of the Yellow or Pink Packing slip or copies of the Online Receipt that you got at checkout.
You can also go to your order history and use that as a receipt.

Some OfficeMax distribution centers appear to have upgraded their systems. They now send a single, white, laser-printed copy of the delivery receipt. It's in a different format than the Yellow/Pink copy Packing Slips, but it is definitely acceptable to send in copies for your rebates.

What should I do if I miss the postmark deadline on a rebate?

Return the item to OfficeMax.

The new El Paso Texas OfficeMax Rebate processing center appears to be more strict on postmark deadlines. Be careful if you do attempt it.

What do I do if I can't find a rebate form at the sites listed above?

Call up a CSR (1-800-283-7674 ext.7) and see if they can locate it for you. Or, just return it before the end of the return policy.

Also, try asking in the B$ weekly flyer thread or in Deal Discussion if someone else was able to locate the form.

In the last couple weeks, OM CSRs have been telling people to forward their rebate information to OM directly. Make sure to use this procedure AFTER you've talked with an OM CSR to confirm these instructions. In the past couple weeks, this applied to a VCOM $10 rebate and a Belkin Toolkit Rebate.

Here was the instructions for these rebates:
1. Write down your name, address, and phone number on a piece of paper.
2. Write down the name and amount of the rebate.
3. Cut out the UPC.
4. Make a copy of the submission.
5. Mail out the copy of the receipt and original or copy of the UPC along with the piece of paper to:

OfficeMax Cleveland Contact Center
Attention: Rebate Center
8100 Tyler Blvd
Mentor, OH 44060

What do I do if I'm having problems with OfficeMax Rebates?

For OfficeMax Rebates that go through Maxmyrebates.com
Call 1-877-699-8797
Press "#" to bypass the menu and go straight to the CSRs

Maxmyrebates.com Resubmissions can be faxed to 1-800-886-8370

OfficeMax Phone Numbers
800-283-7674 (OfficeMax.com)
800-788-8080 (OfficeMax Main Office)
888-385-1165 (New OM rebate #)
800-688-3594 Ext: 4701 (Another OM rebate #)
omxrebate@officemax.com (You can email OM directly and see if they can help you with problems that aren't getting resolved.)

216-471-6202 Very fast, quick, and effective way to get OM rebates fixed. Especially useful if you are having problems with the rebate company.

To escalate complaints after you've exhausted OfficeMax. Use the following thread link

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Coupons

Where can I find OfficeMax Coupons at Bargainshare?

OfficeMax Coupon Thread

How do I apply coupons on an OfficeMax order?

OfficeMax coupons often times are links to the website for OfficeMax.com Orders. Basically, click on the link and then proceed to add the items you want into your cart and checkout.

Coupons for phone orders are 12 digit numbers.

In-store coupons are physical coupons that have barcodes that are scanned or manually entered into the registers.

Does OfficeMax accept competitors coupons?

They no longer accept them for online and phone ordering. Retail store location policy is set by each individual manager. Therefore, some stores will allow them and others won't.

How do i get more coupons in the mail and email?

Sign up for the MaxPerks card and officemax will typically send you some coupons in the mail every once in a while. Not a bad deal for free. You can earn cash back, but its really only on officemax brand stuff and supplies, most tech stuff doesnít apply (tho i now hear different).

Coupons are also sometimes sent for those who do a survey. Save your receipt and take it to win something or get a coupon, http://www.officemax.com/store/survey

Got a coupon they wont take? Just tell the cashier that the manager said he would take it and to enter it as a ďNOF couponĒ. All the cashier can tell you is, No

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Retail Store

What are some tips for in-store shopping at OfficeMax?

Some stores throughout the country have very bad inventory. Therefore, hot sale items should be purchased at these stores early on Sundays. They sometimes do receive extra shipments later in the week. YMMV.

Try to checkout on registers that have the new touch screens. Only half the checkout lanes have been updated with these new registers at most stores. Receipts and rebate receipts print out significantly faster on these new machines.

Use the sku's in the ad to quickly match up the items with the store tags for speedy shopping.

Free After rebate items at many stores are generally consolidated in one central area at many stores. Often times, in the middle or in the back of the store.

Are there special ways to get an extra discount in-store?

Some OM stores allow the usage of competitors coupons. The policy of each store is determined by the store manager. So, YMMV.

Some stores will also allow you to print out the online coupons and use them in-store. This policy is also determined by the store manager. So, YMMV.

With either of these policies, OfficeMax employees have a coupon sheet of various amounts that they can scan and use when you present competitors or online coupons. So, they are able to do it as long as the manager has a flexible policy to allow them.

You may be able to get discounts on damaged items. If you find an item that has been opened or has a nick or two in the box, take it up to a manager or find one, and ask him if he will take any off because the item has been used heavily or is damaged. It is not uncommon for 10% or 15% to be nocked off the price for a useable item. You wonít however get anything if an associate see you opening the item or dropping it to try and skim a few bucks off the top.

Sometimes items are slated for in-store destruction. When an item is recalled, or needs to be sent back to the vendor. The item price is dropped to 1 cent and all the items are pulled from the shelves and are marked to be sent back to the vendor, or destroyed in the store. The items however are not always pulled for some reason, and when the item is taken to the register it will ring up for a penny. If you see this, buy them all because if the cashier is paying attention they will remove the rest of them. Recently rang up several pens for a penny, and Norton antivirus 2003 was just destroyed in store along with other Norton 2003 items (dumpster full of sliced CD's).

What are substitutions?

Substitutions occur when the original item advertised in a local flyer is OOS at the B&M. At this point SOME items have an alternate item that can be substituted in for the original item. Often times this substitution item is offered at the After Rebate price making it an even hotter deal.

Some stores do not participate in substitutions (up to the manager).

Recently, substitution lists have not been offered by OM. This could be due to a change in Boise Cascade policy.

What do I do if I canít find an item in-store?

Ask an associate to look for it. They should check the shelf first, then top stock or lockup for some items. If they cant find it, they should be able to offer to order it for you and have it delivered in a few days unless backordered or an un-orderable item. If you donít want to wait, have them do a stock search on that item. It will search the stores in your area for that item. If any others have some they should let you know, but make them call the store to verify they have it and/or to put it on hold for you. They can have the other store transfer it to your local store but this can take a week if you are unwilling to drive to another store.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
OfficeMax.com

What is the fastest way to place an order on OfficeMax.com?

Click on the link of the coupon in the OfficeMax Coupon Thread. Then use cron's weekly flyer thread or the physical flyer and use the "Order by Item" feature. Type in all the sku's you're interested in and checkout.

Quick and easy.

How do I enter coupons at OfficeMax.com?

Click on the link in the Officemax Coupon thread and it should load the coupon into your order.

Coupons received in the mail can be entered at http://www.officemax.com/coupon

What's the deal with the coupon restrictions online?

These items don't allow coupons to be applied on them. This restriction will not affect any of your rebates. As long as the order is processed, the rebates must be honored.

Tricks with the system:

Most of the time OM codes the site so that the item won't accept coupons at checkout.

Of course there is the occasional time that they put up the disclaimer and forget to code it. Sometimes, they forget the coupon and the disclaimer. Keep an eye out for these mistakes.

At what time can I start ordering online for the sale ad?

Generally, you should place your order online at midnight of your time zone. The time recorded on the packing slips is usually your local time and you will probably use the packing slip for your rebates.

When do items usually get updated for sale prices on Officemax.com?

Lately they've been updating pricing as early as the Thursday before the ad, but often times it's usually Sunday 9-10 AM. Generally, rebates start on Sunday, but some rebates cover a whole month's period. Check out the rebate dates if you plan on ordering before the ad comes out.

Some items are removed from the website entirely and placed back on Sundays. Some items are removed from OfficeMax.com and would require you to place an order over the phone or get it in-store.

How is my coupon affected when i try to return items to my local store for an Officemax.com order?

The coupon will be pro-rated and deducted from the amount of the item you are returning.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Phone Orders

Why would I want to order OfficeMax items by phone?

Some CSRs are flexible and let you use coupons with sale items.

There are a lot of good coupons that you can use over phone orders. (12 digit coupon codes in the Officemax Coupon Thread)

Items that are locked out or unavailable online may be able to be purchased by phone.

Are OfficeMax phone CSRs consistent?

No, each CSR has their own way of dealing people. PMs and Coupons are often inconsistent.

Are there problems with coupons on phone orders?

Yes, CSRs may tell you that they won't allow coupons with rebated items. Some say it's just for free after rebate items. Some say it's for all the sale items in the weekly add.

Each CSR is different and some will allow you to use them without any of those restrictions.

Can i do in-store pickup?

OfficeMax Phone CSRs will allow you to place in-store pickups.
They will basically ship the item to your local store.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Pricematching

How do i pricematch an item at Officemax?

You basically have two options. Call up a phone CSR and ask for a PM or go in-store and request a PM.

More Details in Frank's Pricematching FAQ

Can i pricematch with coupons and rebates?

This is a very complex issue.

Some CSRs over the phone will not allow pricematches when you use coupons. Some will say that you need to meet the requirements of the coupon after the pricematch or they won't allow it.

On rare occasions, some CSRs will account for the rebates and deny the PM because of the rebates.

This has really become a very big YMMV.

Do PM's invalidate rebates?

NO. This has never applied to OfficeMax rebating.

What is Officemax's 115% Price match Guarantee?

Detailed rules here: http://www.officemax...edOID=536952103

This Offer will probably be removed soon as the new owner Boise will probably be removing it.
You all know how PM works, and how sometimes your store may vary.

Basics:
Advertised in-stock items
Office Supply Stores Only
Only 100% if from our website or catalog
Identical items only
No free accessories
No Custom stuff or services

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Airborne Express at OfficeMax

What discounts are available?

For the last two years Officemax has been offering coupons in their weekly flyers. Usually once a month they print a 50% off Coupon.

Around Christmas, OM tends to release a couple "One Free Shipment" offers.

How do rates at OfficeMax compare to shipping with your own Airborne account?

Usually the rates are up to 25 percent higher at OfficeMax.

How can I speed up shipping at OfficeMax?

Print out a piece a paper with the name, address, and phone number of both the shipper and receiver. I usually add the service I want (Ground) and how much insurance at the top of the sheet.

I hand this sheet over to the OM employee and it usually speeds up the entering of all the info. Also, less mistakes too.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
MaxPerks

MaxPerks Discussion Thread

Where do I sign up?

http://www.officemax...x.cfm?page=Home

What is the MaxPerks Program?

It's basically a cash back program for purchases made at OfficeMax. The refund comes back in the form of a Gift Card that you can use on purchases at OfficeMax.

It's a free membership program.

Each quarter earn 2% to 4% in MaxPerks Rewards when you purchase at least $300 worth of qualifying merchandise during a calendar quarter.

Details for MaxPerks for Business
Details for MaxPerks for Teachers

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Please add any of your own information plus any corrections to this thread and I'll update. :)

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Enjoy :)

garsh

garsh

Captain Obvious

• 14,279 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 05-February 03

Which receipt should I send in after ordering online?

You can send in copies of the Yellow or Pink Packing slip or copies of the Online Receipt that you got at checkout.
You can also go to your order history and use that as a receipt.

A couple corrections to this answer:

Whatever warehouse was fulfilling my orders used to only send the pink copy.

Now, they appear to have upgraded their system. I only get a single, white, laser-printed copy of the delivery reciept. It's in a different format. I just make photocopies of it for rebates and have not had any problems.

P.S. - good work! -thumbup-
"I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Guest_Kegger22_*

Guest_Kegger22_*
  • Guests
  • thanks
  • Joined --
Excellent thread Cron -thumbup- Should be very helpful to a lot of folks

jinju

jinju

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 30-March 03
Sadly, OM deals are non-existent nowadays....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users