Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

GC FAQ Thread

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

AMS

AMS

Angel

• Platinum Member
  • 30,941 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 26-December 02
Military Overseas contact for shipping expired coupons:Operation:coupons ships current and expired coupons to 36 overseas military bases around the world. We prefer neatly trimmed coupons (cut inside the dotted line being careful not to cut off any printing) or complete inserts. Our mailing address is:Operation:couponsCommon Ground United Methodist ChurchP O Box 3049Spring TX 77383-3049email address: operationcoupons AT comcast.netGuide to terms:B1G1 or BOGO - Buy one get one free BTFE = Box tops for education Program linkCRT - Cash register tape Codes- Refunds that require only a UPC# written on a CRT Coufund - for coupons that need some proof of purchase such as UPC's attached C/O - cash off coupon or cents off coupon Cpns- an abbreviation for manufacturer's coupons DCRT- Dated cash register tape DCRTC - Dated cash register tape with the price circledDND- Do Not Double (Means the coupon is not to be doubled,YMMVDouble coupon- a coupon that a grocery store doubles in valueECB - CVS Extra Rewards Program Program linkESC - Easy Saver Coupon - Walgreen's coupons found in the ESR BookletESR - Walgreen's Easy Saver Refund ProgramFree Item Coupon- A coupon that allows you to get the product completely free FS/FT - For sale and/or for tradeFSI - Free standing inserts. These are the actual term to the coupons you get in your Sunday newspaper, also referred to as SS coupons or insert coupons.HBA- The health and beauty aid section in the grocery store HDA- Hot Deal Alert HT or HgT- Hang tags for refunds or coupons hanging on a product LTD - Limited, such as on a refund form it will say your limited to a certain number of purchases Money + - Premiums that require money in addition to a proof of purchase MF - Refund form found in a magazine NAZ - Name, address, zip codeNB - National Brand NBQ - National Brand Qualifier NFN - No Form NeededNT WT - Net weight NED - No expiration date OAS - A coupon that is good on one purchase, any size OSI - On a single item OYNO - on your next orderOYNSO - on your next shopping orderPOP - proof of purchase PP - purchase price of a productQ or Qualifier- The proof of purchase required for a refund offer that is physically taken from tha package SMP - specially marked packages SF - Store formSS- Sunday supplement coupons (FSI) Super doubles – coupons that are doubled $1 + in value (ie, a $1 coupon = $2, etc)Tear pad - A pad of refund forms found hanging from a store shelf or displayTMF - Try Me Free Triple coupon – a coupon that a grocery store triples in valueUPC - Universal Product Code WSL - While supplies lastYMMV - Your mileage may vary … what happens in my store may not be the same thing happening in your storeObtaining couponsDepending upon your geographic area, many stores offer promotions such as double coupons, triple coupons, or they accept expired coupons. The easiest way to get started, is to collect the Sunday insert coupons from your friends, family, co-workers after they are finished with them. Clip everything you think you may use. Brand loyalty is now a thing of the past. Look to internet sources for printable coupons. Sign up for home mailings. Some of that “junk” mail contains valuable cents off coupons. Many people amass great quantities of coupons from their local recycling center, the newspaper distributor, their paper boy, buying coupons online or trading for them.Places to buy coupons online:BuyTaylortownCoupon clippers1-800-799-SAFE National Domestic Violence Hotline - you can call for an area contact to donate goodsTo donate expired coupons to overseas militaryCheck refund statusAbbott Diabetes CareBJ's Wholesale RebatesCostco Rebate StatusKellogg'sLeinenkugel ProductsMiller Beer Rebate Center P&G Rebate statusPromotion Fulfillment Center (Clinton IA)Scott lawn care rebate centerWalgreens Easy Saver StatusWyeth Rebateshttp://www.cmspromocheck.com/http://www.checkrebates.com/rebate-status.asphttp://rebatestatus.com/search.aspxhttp://www.rapid-rebates.com[url="http://www.bargainshare.com/goto.php?link=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.web-rebates.com%2Fdefault.asp"]https://www.web-rebates.com/default.aspBudweiser refunds 1-800-862-8724
A happy wife is a happy life

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
GC Clearinghouse Phone Numbers that AMS postedprobably useful to have in here :)

AMS

AMS

Angel

• Platinum Member
  • 30,941 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 26-December 02
Cirrus had asked for an explanation of how GC threads are organized. I added some information above. If anyone has any suggestions or comments, please PM me or post them. I am quite certain I forgot a few items.
A happy wife is a happy life

Kat

Kat

European Engineering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,340 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 04-January 03
What happened to all your Pedigree belong to Kat?
Your love is blind
Blind as a bat
The way that you're leading me
Home like that
Your love is blind
Blind as a bat

chi30

chi30

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03
How do you triple coupons? For doubling - 1 manufacturer and 1 store coupon right
R.I.P. HarleyD

crimson

crimson

evil little piggy & tease?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Joined 09-June 03

How do you triple coupons?
For doubling - 1 manufacturer and 1 store coupon right

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At least around here, you need to cut out the store's" tripling coupon" coupon. When available, there will be between 6 to 10 in that week's store flyer.

As for doubles, here any coupon [except those that begin with a '9'] with a printed value of up to 99¢ will automatically double at the register.
Equal rights for all in every state

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 149,381 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

for doubling - 1 manufacturer and 1 store coupon right

No...that's what I call "double dipping." Doubling and tripling of mfg coupons happens mainly at grocery stores...YMMV...(not in the Midwest...sigh)

Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

Not MIA...just trying to figure out Windows 8!

chi30

chi30

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03
Is double dipping allowed?
R.I.P. HarleyD

apricot

apricot

Sweety

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,568 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 05-February 03

How do you triple coupons?
For doubling - 1 manufacturer and 1 store coupon right

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only some stores triple coupons. They will take, for instance, your $0.35 coupon and subtract it 3 times from your bill, so you will get $1.05 off for using one $0.35 coupon.

Doubling means that the store will take a $0.50 coupon and subtract it two times off your bill, so you would get $1.00 off for using one $0.50 coupon.

Doubling and tripling mostly only happens at grocery stores. Check your stores coupon policy and sale ads to find out if they double or triple and when (some stores do it for a week at a time as part of a sale ad).

YMMV on using a manufacturer's coupon and a store coupon on a single item. I usually have success with this, but if both coupons say cannot be combined with other offers, the store can deny you using both.

Ultimately, it is up to the store what they accept. There is no gold standard.

Edited by apricot, 05 October 2004 - 07:57 AM.

chi30

chi30

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03
List of other coupon clipping services

Debbyescoupons
Rebecca Addington
Megacouponmart
dabsforms

Edited by chi30, 27 December 2004 - 01:08 PM.

R.I.P. HarleyD

sasa4

sasa4

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 05-February 03
is there any feedback on coupon clippers service? tia.

apricot

apricot

Sweety

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,568 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 05-February 03
I've used Mary's World in the past and been pleased with her service.

Edited by apricot, 22 June 2005 - 08:42 AM.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 149,381 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

is there any feedback on coupon clippers service?  tia.

I've used them once and she was OK...didn't care for the minimum order requirement of 5 on coupons too much/But she did have some forms I could not elsewhere, plus delivery was prompt...and I did have to get off the e-mailing list because of way too many emails. -bang-

Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

Not MIA...just trying to figure out Windows 8!

atterlep

atterlep

Aluminum Foil Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 17-June 05

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you explain the cost structure? I just went to the web site & I didn't quite understand. Is the only cost the 3 and 5 cent handling fee plus postage???

Kate

apricot

apricot

Sweety

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,568 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 05-February 03

Can you explain the cost structure?  I just went to the web site & I didn't quite understand.  Is the only cost the 3 and 5 cent handling fee plus postage???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that is correct. Some of the coupons are less or more than that and they are noted in the coupon list. There is also a $ minimum.

wurlybird9

wurlybird9

refurbished member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 05-July 03
wow, i didn't know coupons were sold that cheap. Would be worth saving the trouble of dumpster diving for what few items I actually need. uh, diving for coupons that is. Not the items. :p
A retart is a refurbished pastry.

wurlybird9

wurlybird9

refurbished member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 05-July 03

Yes, that is correct. Some of the coupons are less or more than that and they are noted in the coupon list. There is also a $ minimum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the main page, I see both $1.00 and $2.00 minimum. Which is correct?

crimson

crimson

evil little piggy & tease?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Joined 09-June 03

wow, i didn't know coupons were sold that cheap.  Would be worth saving the trouble of dumpster diving for what few items I actually need.

uh, diving for coupons that is.  Not the items.  :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The PC version is that coupons are not sold. There may be fees for the acquiring, sorting, cutting & other expenses involved.
Equal rights for all in every state

apricot

apricot

Sweety

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,568 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 05-February 03

On the main page, I see both $1.00 and $2.00 minimum.  Which is correct?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure, since she has changed her site since the last time I ordered from her. I'm sure you can email her and ask.

wurlybird9

wurlybird9

refurbished member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 05-July 03

The PC version is that coupons are not sold. There may be fees for the acquiring, sorting, cutting & other expenses involved.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok. let me rephrase. i didn't know someone would help me acquire, sort, and cut coupons for such a low fee :)

sarinne

sarinne

Have a nice day!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 07-January 03
new link for the coupon clippers

Edited by sarinne, 02 November 2005 - 09:55 PM.

If you're bored, PM me a hello. =)

wurlybird9

wurlybird9

refurbished member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 05-July 03

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like Mary is no longer in the clipping business.

As of 1-17-06 (Tuesday) Mary's World Coupon Trading site is closed.
Thanks for the many trades over the years.
If you need to be referred to a coupon trading site please e-mail me at the address below.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users