Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Gift Cards: There is a Growing Market to Sell and Buy 'em

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
Yesterday the following appeared in the local paper, Get cash for your gift cards the day after Christmas. A crowd of consumers selling off certain GC will probably drive down the offer price. Now looking at the web site and where one can purchase GC doesn't give me the impression consumers are selling. Many GC must be bought off Ebayand while the initial price is low, my gut tells me the bids are rigged. So a 3rd party BP package of (4) $25 GC sell for typically $96, which is a buck more then the new Amex offer. Also the better 'discounted' Best Buy GC cost $960 ($1000), a little risky, IMHO.

I would look for ad and on-line coupons. But, the cost of a GC by resellers may go down; but for now it seems some merchants are attempting to replace coupons with GC to entice consumers to shop.

Edited by kas, 21 December 2011 - 07:29 AM.

Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users