Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

20% off Select Gift Cards at American Express Membership Rewards

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
20% off Select Gift Cards at American Express Membership Rewards

Facebook Page for the Offer

The only one I can see currently on my account is when you go to the Old Navy Gift cards and select the $25 Gift Card and hit the "update" button. Red text shows up on the page showing that it costs only 2000 pts.

See update in post 3 about an error in the promo that Amex is currently trying to fix. Might explain why some accounts aren't seeing it.

but for select customers and possibly owners of different cards this offer is showing up: (might be a targeted offer)

must select card with exact amount and click "Update" button.

$25 Gift Cards for 2000 pts
nike
nome depot
pf changs
Old Navy
and more

$50 Gift Cards for 4000 pts

Barnes & Noble
west elm
william sonoma
zappos

$100 Gift Cards for 8000 pts
mortons

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
Yesterday, I receive the following offer from AMEX. I'm a 'select' Cardmember. ;)

Your 2012 Blue Appointment Book set is our gift to you with the Blue Appointment Book Plan. Your only cost for the first year is the $2.79 shipping and handling charge for the Appointment Book and/or the $1.79 shipping and handling charge for the Mini-Scheduler. Please see offer details below.
Hurry! Supplies are limited. To ensure prompt receipt of your
book(s), complete and submit the online order form below.

Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02

Facebook Page for the Offer

here's the official facebook page for the offer. It looks like it's supposed to be for everyone.

The folks at Amex don't know why the promotion isn't showing up on certain accounts. Some of them claimed you had to sync your facebook account with your Amex account at the "Link, Like, Love" app on their facebook page.

Anyways, they are now officially aware of the error and are trying to resolve it. Check it a few times over the next few days.

If you really need to redeem your rewards with these discounts, i'd suggest even calling the membership rewards number and getting a note on your account about the problem. That way you can at least secure the deal so that a supervisor can work it out for you.

Membership Rewards Phone Number: 1-800-297-3276

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
now it looks like they modified the facebook ad to remove the other mentioned merchants. Leaving only Old Navy on the list. sounds like the CSR i talked to was full of crap.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
i called back today and talked to a supervisor again. He confirmed again that there was a problem with the promotion. The supervisor was able to redeem my points for Home Depot gift cards. He said there was a limit of 20 gift cards. Basically he took the amount of gift cards i wanted out at full face value ($25 each, 2500 points). Once he redeemed them and processed the order, then he re-credited back my account for 20% of those points. Not as simple as it should have been, but it worked out in the end and i was able to whittle down some of my points balance.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Just checked my amex account and everything shows up properly. It shows the redeemed amount of points. In the next line there is an adjustment amount for the points that were credited back. Then under "Order History" it shows the Home Depot gift cards that were redeemed. Hard to beat 20% off at Home Depot -banana-

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
One more thing.... iirc i think Lands End was showing the other day for 20% off on the facebook page. It's another option, in case you shop at sears for appliances, tools, etc. Old Navy cards still seem to be redeemable at the discounted amount without all the hassle of going through a supervisor. On the Old Navy page it says "save 500 points when you redeem by December 18, 2011". Looks like that might be the expiration date on this promo.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02

Just checked my amex account and everything shows up properly.

It shows the redeemed amount of points. In the next line there is an adjustment amount for the points that were credited back.

Then under "Order History" it shows the Home Depot gift cards that were redeemed.

Hard to beat 20% off at Home Depot -banana-

got these HD cards in the mail yesterday. It looks like this promotion looks to be expired now as the facebook page has updated with some promotion on Sony TVs.

They may still have promotions every now and then going forward. Keep an eye out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users