Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Credit Card Processing on Smartphones

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Alan

Alan

Kablooie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,732 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
A client of mine is thinking of starting to accept credit card payments via smartphone (iPhone, iPod touch, Android). I'm starting to do some research on it and was wondering if anyone can recommend an app or service they may be using. Thanks.
I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow - Woodrow Wilson

dboy

dboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03
I've got the intuit gopayment for android. Works fine. I've only used it like twice though, so can't really give more feedback than that. Obviously make sure you've got good cell coverage (or wifi) wherever you want to take payments or it doesn't work :)

Alan

Alan

Kablooie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,732 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
I was at the location today and cell coverage is OK. I think it will be acceptable, but I need to walk around the entire facility with phones from different providers to see what types of signals we get. This is an interesting project. My client is trying to get a spot in the concession area of an outdoor stadium. He's thinking of providing the guys who run up and down the stands selling stuff with the ability to process credit cards. Those wireless credit card terminals are too bulky. But, an issue with using a smartphone is providing a receipt. We're thinking it will really slow the person down when he, or the customer, has to enter an email address......and you know the person sitting ten seats in will want to pay with a card and have a name & email address only he can pronounce &/or spell :p -lol-
I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow - Woodrow Wilson

dboy

dboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03
Yeah, i'd think the smartphone setup wouldn't work for that for exactly that reason. Anyone make a cordless receipt printer that some smartphone app can interface with? bluetooth, battery powered, someone's GOTTA make something like that...

Alan

Alan

Kablooie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,732 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Well, if we get cordless receipt printers we might as well get wireless credit card terminals that have everything built in then find a way to strap them on without the receipt paper coming loose and rolling down 100 ft. of stairs, or down to the next level -lol-

dejavu

dejavu

blonde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,059 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 31-January 03
can the receipt just go to an email?
HarleyD ~ Riding with the Angels

dejavu

dejavu

blonde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,059 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 31-January 03
just saw zephyr software POS VENU wireless system on Chef Ramsey's show, Kitchen Nightmares. the waiters each get what looked like an itouch to take orders on. the main unit looked like a notepad. episode was Burger Kitchen
HarleyD ~ Riding with the Angels

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03

just saw zephyr software POS VENU wireless system on Chef Ramsey's show, Kitchen Nightmares.
the waiters each get what looked like an itouch to take orders on.
the main unit looked like a notepad.

episode was Burger Kitchen

A real negative is that the owner can't cut the tape and cheat the government. ;)
Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

Alan

Alan

Kablooie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,732 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

can the receipt just go to an email?

Yes, but we foresee too many problems with trying to enter an email address in a smartphone app from someone who's yelling it out in a noisy stadium. Maybe one day email addresses can be associated with credit/debit cards and that won't be an issue.

Alan

Alan

Kablooie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,732 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

just saw zephyr software POS VENU wireless system on Chef Ramsey's show, Kitchen Nightmares.
the waiters each get what looked like an itouch to take orders on.
the main unit looked like a notepad.

episode was Burger Kitchen

Yeah, that type of technology has been around for a while. I have a friend who recently opened a NY style deli and we were looking into being able to take orders on handheld devices. The cost didn't justify it for the location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users