Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Firefox 7.0 released

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

steltek

steltek

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 13-August 03
Link

LisaHS

LisaHS

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 27-May 05
:doggie: that was fast!

dasnufus

dasnufus

Hi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,839 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 21-December 02
after one day of usage, I notice that FF7 does feel faster than FF6. So I guess the reports were correct.

Miranda

Miranda

τΏτ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,632 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

after one day of usage, I notice that FF7 does feel faster than FF6.

So I guess the reports were correct.

Maybe I'll finally upgrade from 3.x now. Just gotta wait until my extensions are compatible.

dasnufus

dasnufus

Hi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,839 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 21-December 02

Maybe I'll finally upgrade from 3.x now. Just gotta wait until my extensions are compatible.

How many extensions are you using? I only use 4 extensions and all of them are compatible.

Also I think there was some sort of extension overhaul because most extensions were showing compatibilty all the way to version 7 even when firefox was up to version 4

steltek

steltek

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 13-August 03

How many extensions are you using? I only use 4 extensions and all of them are compatible.

Also I think there was some sort of extension overhaul because most extensions were showing compatibilty all the way to version 7 even when firefox was up to version 4

I'm running the 10.01a Nightly version and the nine basic extensions I use all work on it just fine.

As an added bonus, FF memory use seems to be vastly improved at this point in time.

Edited by steltek, 28 September 2011 - 02:37 PM.

Miranda

Miranda

τΏτ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,632 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
I have 24 extensions. I went ahead and upgraded. It didn't tell me which extensions were compatible until after I upgraded. Six of them aren't compatible, but about three of them I don't really care about anyway. One of them, I just edited the install.rdf file to make a new xpi to install it and it works. I'll probably do the same with at least one other extension. It was kind of weird at first because it hides the old style menu bar and uses a different one that's all under the orange Firefox button. So that also got rid of my address bar since I usually combine the navigation & menu into one, so I had to set it to show the old menu bar again. I just moved the navigation items back to the navigation toolbar so I could give the new menus a try. Seems to work better than 3.6.x. That version used to give me that loading icon a lot, especially right after starting FF, trying to open a new tab and type in a website. It hasn't done that so far, but I've only started it up twice, so it might be too soon to tell. I like it so far.

steltek

steltek

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 13-August 03

I have 24 extensions. I went ahead and upgraded. It didn't tell me which extensions were compatible until after I upgraded.

Six of them aren't compatible, but about three of them I don't really care about anyway. One of them, I just edited the install.rdf file to make a new xpi to install it and it works. I'll probably do the same with at least one other extension.

It was kind of weird at first because it hides the old style menu bar and uses a different one that's all under the orange Firefox button. So that also got rid of my address bar since I usually combine the navigation & menu into one, so I had to set it to show the old menu bar again. I just moved the navigation items back to the navigation toolbar so I could give the new menus a try.

Seems to work better than 3.6.x. That version used to give me that loading icon a lot, especially right after starting FF, trying to open a new tab and type in a website. It hasn't done that so far, but I've only started it up twice, so it might be too soon to tell. I like it so far.

You can use the Add-On Compatibility Reporter extension to enable disabled extensions - so far, mine have worked just fine in Mozilla Nightly 10.01a (it came pre-installed in Nightly, but I'm sure it is available from the Mozilla Add-Ons website). An added advantage to using it is that you can report whether the extension still works or not after you enable it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users