Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

2011 State Sales Tax Holidays

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 138,985 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
State List

(updated August 22, 2011)

FTA Home Page

Edited by kar522, 02 September 2011 - 08:30 AM.

Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 138,985 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
States Offer Back-To-School Tax Holidays

A total of 17 states have scheduled sales-tax-free shopping days for back-to-school and other items.
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 138,985 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
;)

Edited by kar522, 02 August 2011 - 07:57 AM.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 138,985 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
-vanish-

Edited by kar522, 08 August 2011 - 06:07 AM.

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
YMMV, if these offers goes beyond MO.

Sam's Club, other retailers offer promotions for Missouri's sales tax holiday

As Missouri's sales tax holiday draws near, retailers are beginning to announce their own promotions to sweeten the deal.

After all, they know consumers will be hitting the stores in large numbers this Friday through Sunday for the Show-Me State's sales tax holiday. So many of them are pulling out the stops to make sure consumers visit their stores.

It's an important time for retailers. Economic data for June showed a slight drop in consumer spending, the first drop in nearly two years. And the National Retail Federation is forecasting flat sales this back-to-school season as the economy continues to weigh heavily on consumers' minds.

So here are some of the deals retailers have recently announced for this weekend:

Sam's Club will allow non-members to shop at all Missouri locations this Friday through Sunday. A basic membership would otherwise cost about $40 a year. The retailer is also apparently putting ads on Facebook to give free Sam's Club membership in participating states. But a press release did not say if Missouri or Illinois were among those states.

Best Buy happens to be holding a three-day back-to-school sale this weekend at all of its stores nationwide. The sale includes up to $40 off certain items such as the HP Touchpad, Samsung Galaxy, HP laptop, and Apple iPod Touch.

A reader called my attention to an ad in the "Let's Eat" section of today's paper for Valenti's Market & Catering in St. Peters. The deli, bakery and catering service is not charging customers any sales tax. The store will pay the tax for them instead. The promotion started on Tuesday and runs through Sunday. Of course, food is not included in the sales tax holiday. But that hasn't stopped other folks from trying to get it on the big shopping event.

And then, of course, there are some stores that don't charge sales tax at all any time of year. I'm not just referring to Amazon. A public relations person reminded me today that Goodwill never charges tax in its thrift stores no matter the time of year.

Do you know of other good deals this weekend timed to coincide with Missouri's sales tax weekend? If so, please share!

http://www.stltoday....1a4bcf6878.html
Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 138,985 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Various shopping boards report...

10 percent "tax relief" discount at all IL Kohls stores, valid on all items August 5-7. Plus the 10/50 Kohls cash is back on during the sale.

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
Meanwhile across the river, cheaper gasoline is a perk if want to take advantage of the MO Tax Holiday.

No Tax Holiday in Illinois This Year; State Canít Afford It

There will be no back to school tax holiday this year for shoppers in Illinois.

State lawmakers in Springfield have decided not to reauthorize the annual holiday because the state can't afford it.

Illinois has an $8.7 billion deficit.

The tax holiday usually runs in early August and can save shoppers millions of dollars on back-to-school supplies.

Many Illinois retailers along the border now worry they may lose business to stores in Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana and Missouri.

Edited by kas, 08 August 2011 - 09:06 AM.

Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 138,985 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
:doggie:

Edited by kar522, 02 September 2011 - 08:28 AM.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 138,985 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
-hop-

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 138,985 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
:kitty:

Edited by kar522, 02 September 2011 - 08:29 AM.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 138,985 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
-bounce-

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 138,985 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
-vampire-

Edited by kar522, 03 October 2011 - 12:08 PM.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 138,985 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Virginia
energy star products $2,500
October 7-10
http://www.tax.virginia.gov/

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 138,985 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Bumping for Virginia...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users