Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Blagojevich Guilty Again

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03

Playing Mr. Vague again, eh???... :rolleyesold:

I went to school with Paul Powell's niece...also with William Stratton's granddaughter...but that's another story...

A few years back, one of my professors at SIUE brought up Powell and honestly, I was the only person in the class that knew about the infame IL office holder. The local newspaper at one time ran Mike Royko's column a couple times a week. So I learned that day in class that even IL college students don't learn from the past and many will keep voting for 'winners' like the buffoon, Blago and Paddy.
Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 151,471 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
I guess notoriety can be addicting...

Judge Recommends Prison Drug Rehab For Rod Blagojevich

Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

Not MIA...just trying to figure out Windows 8!

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03

I guess notoriety can be addicting...

Judge Recommends Prison Drug Rehab For Rod Blagojevich

I knew a few that got sentenced in Federal Courts and never got this deal. One friend crossed the wrong crowd and spent 18 months of 'fun' over in Marion. Another friend's two younger brothers got popped for dealing cocaine and did the time at a real easy place in PA. Helps when your old man is a career employee for the government. Finally, Lil' Charlie's doc (along with his son) got burnt by the (3rd)ex-wife and initially went to the camp at Marion for script writing. While this doc knows a few people and kept his mouth shut, there are still animals that want to punish a guy who's a senior citizen.

Edited by kas, 15 December 2011 - 06:43 AM.

Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 151,471 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Sneed @ the SunTimes reports...

The Blago Beat ...

Hmmmm. Is former Gov. Rod Blagojevich actually addicted to a substance requiring a prison rehab program?

A top Blago source tells Sneed the answer is “Yes” and the substance is . . . alcohol.

“It’s not drugs,” said the source.

◆ The backshot: “Rod can’t sleep without drinking,” the source said. “So he drinks himself into a condition to do so, and it became an addiction. Considering what he has been through for the past few years, it became a problem. He’s not addicted to sleeping pills or anything like that.”

◆ Fact: Federal Judge James Zagel, the judge who sentenced him to 14 years in jail on corruption charges, has also recommended a prison rehab program.

◆ Fact check: Considering good behavior, Blago would serve 12 of his 14 years; then subtract another year for going through the nine-month rehab program. He’d also serve the last six months of his sentence in a halfway house.

◆ Translation: Blago could be out of prison in 101/2 years.

The Blago Beat II ...

Is it ironic or intentional that Blagojevich’s new prison date March 15 is the infamous “Ides of March,” the day Julius Caesar was assassinated?

The Blago Beat III ...

Hair scare: Blago’s legendary coif will not cost him the $35 fee from his friendly barber, Peter Vodovoz, if he goes to Colorado’s Englewood federal prison. Haircuts are free. The inmate barbers are paid 12 to 27 cents an hour. No hair dryers permitted.

Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

Not MIA...just trying to figure out Windows 8!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users