Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Harbor Freight Sale Ads And Coupons

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
This topic is for collecting a lot of their general sales and coupons so that you can make your own hot deal. A lot of their stuff is good enough for a homeowner (Tips are in post 3 below).

Please place any really hot individual product deals in it's own topic so they don't get lost.

Useful Links
Facebook and Twitter Deals
Printable Magazine Coupons (May include 20% off and Free Flashlight coupons)

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Inside Track Club (paid membership program, $29.99 per year)ITC Coupons: (membership may be required but doesn't seem to be enforced)

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Tips:

Don't go on shopping sprees at Harbor freight. A lot of tools are reviewed very well but some are not. I recommend checking out reviews for any power tools you might be interested in. It pays to be selective and return what doesn't work.

There are a few Pass/Fail Topics at various sites on the net that might be helpful:Hand tools have lifetime warranties comparable to a lot of other companies. Hand tool quality is good enough for the weekend warrior and acceptable enough to supplement any better quality tools you might have.

Search around in the different coupon links in the above posts for different deals. The coupon pages have slight differences where you may find a coupon on an item you're interested in buying.

The 20% off coupon on top of the sale price might actually be better than the product specific coupons they send out. It pays to do the math.

Physical copies of the Harbor Freight magazine coupons can be found in the back of a lot of different Sports, Science, Auto, boating, wood working, and other men's magazines. A couple examples are popular science, car & driver, kiplinger's, motor trend, etc.

Some retail stores will pricematch the online prices via a printout. You might even be able to stack a 20% coupon on top as well (YMMV).

HF offers extended warranties on their products. I'm generally not a fan of extended warranties, but it might be worth it depending on the cost, product, and how much you plan to use the item.

ITC membership is probably not worth it for most at $29.99 per year. There aren't enough unique discounts and benefits that make it worthwhile.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Latest Deals

Current 20% and Flashlight Coupons Recent Emailed Store CouponsCurrent Sale Ads

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02

Retail Store Coupon Policy Correction

Effective November 8, 2010

All Coupons

• Only one coupon can be applied to any one individual item
  • Coupons not valid on prior purchases
  • Coupons cannot be bought, sold, or transferred
  • Original coupon must be presented in store at time of purchase in order to receive the offer
Percentage Off a Single Item Coupon
  • Limit one coupon per customer and one coupon per day
  • Coupon cannot be combined with any other offers or coupons
  • Coupon not valid on any of the following: prior purchases, gift cards, Inside Track Club membership, extended service plans, Compressors, Generators, Tool Cabinets, Welders, Floor Jacks, Campbell Hausefeld products, open box items, Parking Lot Sale items, Blowout Sale items, 800 number orders, or online orders
Free Item Coupon
  • Free Item only available with qualifying purchase
  • Offer good while supplies last
Coupons valid in our retail stores, online at www.HarborFreight.com and by calling 1-800-423-2567. We reserve the right to amend or suspend our coupon redemption policy at anytime, without notice.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 146,071 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Everytime DH goes into town, he picks up one of the free mini flashlights...the grandkids love and lose them...

Edited by kar522, 10 October 2010 - 03:27 AM.

Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02

Everytime DH goes into town, he picks up one of the free mini flashlights...the grandkids love and lose them...

those flashlights are surprisingly bright too. i'm tossing an extra in the car.

They even come with batteries :p

on a side note... looks like they killed their Harbor freight Deal of the Week promos being posted on facebook. That tab appears to be removed now.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 146,071 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

those flashlights are surprisingly bright too. i'm tossing an extra in the car.

They even come with batteries :p

on a side note... looks like they killed their Harbor freight Deal of the Week promos being posted on facebook. That tab appears to be removed now.

There was a coupon sheet for HF in one of our 06/13/10 inserts...had the flashlight coupon (expires 10/31/10 & the 20% off coupon...
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02

There was a coupon sheet for HF in one of our 06/13/10 inserts...had the flashlight coupon (expires 10/31/10 & the 20% off coupon...

i found two in various newspaper inserts over the last few months.

For the most part i've just printing it from the link in Post 4 as it's easier to track down :p

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 146,071 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

i found two in various newspaper inserts over the last few months.

For the most part i've just printing it from the link in Post 4 as it's easier to track down :p

The coupons are still showing up in inserts & separate ads...I think we're up to 25 of the flashlights... :rolleyesold:

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 146,071 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
They've been changing some of the coupons in the magazines & inserts...some now require a purchase (a LED tester, a headband flashlight)...today Parade still had flashlight coupon, and the SS insert had a coupon for multi-purpose scissors...NPN...

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 146,071 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
My 10/10/10 SmartSource insert had a coupon for a free 12" rachet clamp spreader $6.99 value NPN... Plus there was a separate ad sheet with the paper...

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
If you haven't shopped there recently, they are clamping down on coupon usage. The 20% off coupons really took a hit as they can no longer be used on a lot more items listed below like tool cabinets and floor jacks.

Retail Store Coupon Policy Correction

Effective November 8, 2010

All Coupons

• Only one coupon can be applied to any one individual item
  • Coupons not valid on prior purchases
  • Coupons cannot be bought, sold, or transferred
  • Original coupon must be presented in store at time of purchase in order to receive the offer
Percentage Off a Single Item Coupon
  • Coupon cannot be combined with any other offers or coupons
  • Coupon not valid on any of the following: prior purchases, gift cards, Inside Track Club membership, extended service plans, Compressors, Generators, Tool Cabinets, Welders, Floor Jacks, Campbell Hausefeld products, open box items, Parking Lot Sale items, Blowout Sale items, 800 number orders, or online orders
Free Item Coupon
  • Free Item only available with qualifying purchase
  • Offer good while supplies last
Coupons valid in our retail stores, online at www.HarborFreight.com and by calling 1-800-423-2567. We reserve the right to amend or suspend our coupon redemption policy at anytime, without notice.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
New Years Day 25% off Coupon

Kick Off The New Year Dec. 31 thru Jan. 04

Upcoming Ads:

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 146,071 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Free Item only available with qualifying purchase

I wonder if that means the pile of free item coupons DH has been hoarding from the Sunday inserts are no longer good... (like he needs another flashlight)...

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02

Free Item only available with qualifying purchase

I wonder if that means the pile of free item coupons DH has been hoarding from the Sunday inserts are no longer good... (like he needs another flashlight)...

they're still good. The problem is that i've noticed they've been out of stock lately for the flashlights. Seems kind of convenient all of a sudden to be out of flashlights and then all these coupon policies happen.

They also used to substitute for the red/blue flashlights, but they no longer seem to be doing that anymore.

Looks like they're clamping down a lot.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
I would also start storing receipts more carefully for returns and any sort of warranty claims. For example the hand tools have lifetime warranty, but probably need a receipt. Considering how picky they've gotten with policies, it's probably a good idea to be careful.

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
I stopped in earlier today, they had various clearance on socket sets, extensions, etc where you could use the 25% off coupon... some items might be out of stock already
  • 3/8" deep wall Metric socket set $3.77
  • 3/8" deep wall SAE socket set $3.77
  • 7 Piece Impact Adapter set $5.97
  • 3 Piece Impact Adapter set $2.27
  • 9 Piece Wobble Extension set $5.97
  • 3 Piece SAE socket tray $5.97
  • 1/2" breaker bar for $5.97

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 146,071 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
The "free" flashlight coupon in today's insert now has a minimum purchase requirement of $19.99...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users