Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Fast Food/Children's Obesity/Bad Nutrition/Suggestiveness Watchdog Insanity & Good Food News Thread

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
How Soul Food Can Be Good For Your Health
Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Healthy School Lunches Not Adding Up
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Walgreens To Offer Local Produce In Chicago

Pizza Is A vegetable? Congress Says Yes

Do I smell ConAgra & Heinz lobbyists???

Edited by kar522, 16 November 2011 - 05:11 AM.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Outlook Good for Obese Kids Who Lose Weight

Odds of health woes in adulthood decline once pounds are shed, study finds

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Is School Nutrition Doomed?

McDonald's Drops Egg Supplier After Animal Cruelty Footage

Edited by kar522, 18 November 2011 - 02:06 PM.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Recipe For A Revolution In School Lunches

Healthful offerings like saffron rice, Jerusalem salad and free-range chicken are a low-cost hit with low-income students.

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
According to wiki, over 84% of the Cleveland Heights voters supported the buffoon during the last presidential election. . Common sense and making wise choices seems too much for those who constantly remind us we live in a imperfect society. Yes, normal folks realize all kids won't be perfect; but we expect a parent to look out for the welfare of each and every child in the household. This mother was given good medical advice to help her boy and it looks like she was too lazy.

County places obese Cleveland Heights child in foster care

Edited by kas, 27 November 2011 - 07:18 PM.

Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
The Food Network Broke My Heart

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Burger King's French Fries Get Thicker

Burger King says the new fries, now a bit wider in diameter than a No. 2 pencil, will be available by December 5.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

McDonald's Will Charge For Happy Meal Toys In SF

McDonald's will start charging customers 10 cents who request the popular plastic trinkets be added to their Happy Meals.

I've always been able to purchase toys without @ meals at our local McDonald's, but not for a dime...more like a dollar, depending on the toy...

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Face-Lift Helps Wendy's Overthrow Burger King

With McDonald's entrenched as No. 1, Wendy's is moving into second place.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Tit for Tat...

Burger King Also Charging For Toys

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
I guess I'm a good granny...the only one of the listed cereals we might ever have in the house is the orginal Fruit Loops...

Some Kids' Cereals Pack More Sugar Than A Twinkie

TODAY diet and nutrition editor Madelyn Fernstrom offers tips for better breakfast ideas

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
Local paper version of this issue.

Sugary cereal ads continue to trouble health advocates

Rep. Jo Ann Emerson, R-Cape Girardeau, sponsored a bill earlier this year that called for the proposed federal guidelines to undergo a cost-benefit analysis.

"The language I included in HR2434 (the bill) would require the working group to assure Congress that the contents of their report on food marketing would really make a difference in childhood obesity rates," Emerson said, in a written statement. "The best nutritional decisions are made by parents and caregivers — not by federal bureaucrats, no matter how well-intentioned."

Health advocates say if Emerson's provision passes in a larger appropriations bill, it could kill the recommendations altogether.

Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

Can Fast-Food Toy Bans Really Help Kids Eat Better?

Edited by kar522, 09 December 2011 - 01:18 PM.

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
The Angels are probably the best known citizens of Oakland who will gets the lawyers to go after businesses for trademark infridgement.

Oakland Raiders Suing Burger Joint

The picture to the right shows Nation’s Giant Hamburgers latest ad campaign. Since they are a northern California chain, it makes some sense to go with a theme. In this case, they chose to use the Raider Nation. They even put this ad on a billboard right next to Oakland Alameda Coliseum. The problem is that Nation’s never asked permission from the Raiders to use the slogan. And, like any good team once owned by Al Davis, the Raiders are suing.

The complaint, in part, reads:

“The “Raid a Nation’s” slogan is an obvious reference to the famous Raider Nation mark that identifies the Raiders and their loyal fans.The advertisement is easily visible to thousands of game day fans, as well as countless others who drive by the complex every day.”

On top of borrowing Raider Nation, they also added an eye-patch to the burger (to make it look mean). In essence, they are making it look like the Raiders have partnered with the team to sell hamburgers.

http://www.yardbarke..._joint/8599870/
Build the Border Fence

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Professional Chefs Visit Schools To Promote Healthy Eating

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
SNAP To Health: Strengthening Nutrition in the Federal Food Stamp Program

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
One of my friend made the mistake of picking me up after I had a few beers and then he decided we should stop and eat inside a White Castle. Of course I brought along my can of beer to go with my meal. A nearby gentleman came over, flashed his police badge and my beer went into trash can.

White Castle burger chain tests beer and wine sales
Build the Border Fence

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

Lots of good stuff lost from this thread... :(

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

Taco Bell Takes Aim At McDonald's With Breakfast

Edited by kar522, 24 February 2014 - 10:17 PM.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Breakfast Wars Perk Up: McDonald's Pours Free Coffee

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

Ronald McDonald Gets Makeover, Heads Online

ronald-624x624.jpg

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 144,001 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
McDonald's To Start Testing Seasoned French Fries

Customers will start with regular french fries, then add one of three seasonings -- garlic parmesan, zesty ranch or spicy buffalo -- and then shake them in a provided mixing bag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users