Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

OMG, I WANT it. <drool>

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
The actual truth is that trains powered by diesel fuel haul alot of tonnage per gallon. Oh well, the bright side is a solar power can't run at night and folks won't be awoken as the engineer blows the whistle before each crossing.

Posted Image

Once upon a time there was a long train that needed to climb a very tall mountain. But it was missing an engine.

The first engine said to the train, I can help you climb the mountain. My coal powered engine is very strong and powerful!

No thanks, the train said. Your steam clogs up the environment.

The second engine said to the train, I can help you climb the mountain. My electric powered engine is very fast and smooth!

No thanks, the train said. Too many problems during a power outage.

The third engine said to the train, I can help you climb the mountain. My diesel powered engine is very new and reliable!

No thanks, the train said. Im into alternative energy.

I can help you, the fourth engine said. I work from solar energy.

The other engines laughed, Ha! A solar powered engine?

Youre too small to pull that train over the mountain. Itll never work!

But the fourth engine didnt listen to them, and connected itself to the train. It felt the warmth of the sun and began to chug and chug and chug up mountain. I know I can, I know I can, I know I can...

It chugged harder and harder until it reached the very top of the mountain. "Let's go for it!" the train said. And the solar engine zoomed down the other side.

Once they reached the bottom, all the other engines came over to say they were sorry for doubting the little solar powered engine.

Years later, when all the oil and coal was extracted from Earth, and electrical power had faded, all the trains were still able to run because they had switched to solar powered engines! Everyone applauded the foresight of the original solar powered engine, and they all lived happily ever after.

The end.

Oh come on, Ma.

What? Didnt you like the story?

Yeah, but that was blatant preaching. You dont need to hit me over the head with the message like that

Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
Got to ask, will a flux capacitor be an option.

Posted Image

Back to the Future Indeed: Electric DeLorean DMC-12 in the Works

reborn DeLorean Motor Co. announced Friday that an electric DeLorean was in the works for 2013. And not "electric" as in "exciting" -- though it could be that, too -- but as in actually electric: Texas-based DMC will partner with start-up Epic EV to produce an electric vehicle that reportedly will achieve 125 mph from 260 horsepower -- and cost anywhere from $90,000 to $100,000.

A prototype electric DeLorean was unveiled in a surprise move during the DMC Texas Open House for DeLorean owners at the company's headquarters in Humble, Texas. DMC owner Stephen Wynne said that the new vehicle represents "major leaps forward" and that "as far as substantial updates go, it's been 30 years."

Yes, we noticed.

DMC-released specs are included after the jump.

Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
The adminstration rolls the dices again and again, the taxpayers may lose a half billion on the rush to green jobs. Speaking of Sheriff Joe, who bragged these electric 'jokes' would be made in DE, Andre Harper was on yesterday The Dana Show and they discussed the VP claim rape was up in Flint, MI. Andre kept making the comment Joe experience on the subject came from a 300 lb. guy behind him. ;) It's out today that while there are more murders in Flint, reported rapes are down.

Car Company Gets U.S. Loan, Builds Cars In Finland
Build the Border Fence

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 149,228 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Build Your Own 1965 Mustang Vert With Brand New Sheet Metal
It's a classic car lover's dream come true: Now it is possible to build a '64, '65 or '66 Mustang convertible from the wheels up using the all-new Ford-approved and officially licensed body shell. The body shell gives classic car enthusiasts a new option for putting their classic dream Mustang ragtop back on the road. Get the details by clicking here.

Posted Image

Story

A pair of fuzzy dice would be a necessity...

Posted Image

Edited by kar522, 04 November 2011 - 02:34 AM.

Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

Not MIA...just trying to figure out Windows 8!

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
Meanwhile on the local front, first the Chineses won't get wheel barrels full of the state taxpayers money and now the Brits might be SOL.

Solyndra backlash may endanger hybrid van project in St. Louis area
Build the Border Fence

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 149,228 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Electric Car Batteries Under Investigation After Chevy Volt Crash Test Causes Fire

Federal Testers May Have Caused Chevy Volt Fire, GM Says

Edited by kar522, 13 November 2011 - 10:43 AM.

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 149,228 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
2nd Electric Car Battery Fire Involving Chevy Volt

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 149,228 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
GM To Offer Free Loaner Cars To Volt Owners

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 149,228 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Chevy Volt Battery Fires Arouse Investigations

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
ROTFFL

Alfie and Billie are rolling in their graves, based on what the buffoon, the union and current GM management have done to a once great company. It was once said, "As GM goes, so goes the nation," means we have fools both leading GM and this nation.

APNewsBreak: GM willing to buy back Volts

Akerson said that if necessary, GM will recall the more than 6,000 Volts now on the road in the U.S. and repair them once the company and federal safety regulators figure out what caused the fires.

As GM Goes, So Goes the Nation
Build the Border Fence

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
Sorry Nana, we going to have to pull the plug on that machine keeping you kicking. Got to have fuel to generate electricity to run all those Government Motors Volt vehicles.

Burning deceased humans will produce electricity ?
Build the Border Fence

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 149,228 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
GMs Chevy Volt Will Miss 2011 Sales Target Amid Slow Growth

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
How do you define a group of clueless libs?

Chevy Volt Tops Consumer Reports' Owner-Satisfaction Survey

Note two of the three model rated under 50% are made by Government Motors. Also both the resale and repair numbers on this administration other car company has been a joke for decades.
Build the Border Fence

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
And gearheads gasped and rolled their eyes when the old Chrysler hyped and sold to the public the 'new' hemi engine and jacked the price of the ride by a few thousands. Look for a NASCAR version of the new Dodge Dart, except the drivetrain won't be the work of Fiat.

Chrysler teases new Alfa-based 2013 Dodge Dart compact

http://www.dodge.com/en/dart/

Edited by kas, 06 December 2011 - 06:25 PM.

Build the Border Fence

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
Yes, left up to the kooks and nuts, soon you and your date can take a romantic ride around NYC in an electric vehicle. IMHO, give clueless and useless libs half a chance and forget visiting a zoo, an aquarium and forget outdoor cooking, given you can't barbeque or deep fry tofu. After all non-PC traditions are banned in NYC and the rich are taxed to high heavens, one won't be able to tell the difference between Calcutta and the Big Apple.

Last night on Fox News, someone made the comment that set aside spaces in NYC for electric cars are always empty.

Push to Ban New York Carriage Horses Gains Steam
Build the Border Fence

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
Living on a quarter acre lot in a single family house ain't what the Germans do. Whether it's a city/town or a village, dwellings are close together and even parking is at a premium. While a vehicle that can follow the mailman is neat, safety issue might not let that fly, I meant drive.

Posted Image

Volkswagen's Delivery Vehicle of the Future

Automaker partners with the German postal service to develop autonomous, electric-powered vans.

Edited by kas, 14 December 2011 - 09:45 AM.

Build the Border Fence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users