Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

LMAO, he's your problem now Dodger fans

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

crimson

crimson

evil little piggy & tease?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Joined 09-June 03
Just Manny being Manny -lol- -lol- -lol-

Posted Image
Equal rights for all in every state

ungsunghero

ungsunghero

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,726 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 05-February 03
You're assuming that he was totally clean in 2004 and 2007 as well. If someone reveals that Manny was juicing back then, wouldn't that taint the '04 and '07 rings, two titles that mean a bit more to Boston fans than the Dodgers' 2008 NL West title means to Dodger fans?

Also, yeah, visual "evidence" holds much less weight than an actual failed drug test, but David Ortiz doesn't look all that hot either this season. Am I suggesting he juiced as well? No, but can you argue that he definitely did not take steroids?

That's the whole problem with the entire steroid era: we don't know.

Is Manny an idiot? Of course. Is he a cheater? Possibly, but do we know who's not cheating? Would it surprise anybody if Albert Pujols was next? David Ortiz? Pedro Martinez? Johan Santana?

Yeah, I'm pissed about the whole situation. But don't be so short-sighted as to think that it's only a problem for the Dodgers, just like how people think A-Rod's steroids use is now only the Yankees' problem.

crimson

crimson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Joined 09-June 03
<fingers in ears & humming> -no- 2004 and 2007 are untainted </fingers in ears & humming>

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
Help, stop me before I offer another big fat contract to a MLB player should be coming out of McCourt's mouth.

Report: Owner tells Manny to address Dodgers

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Los Angeles Dodgers owner Frank McCourt is furious with Manny Ramirez and is demanding that the star slugger speak to his teammates about the failed drug test that led to his 50-game suspension.

The Los Angeles Times reported that McCourt spoke with Ramirez on Saturday and let him know how unhappy he is. It was during that conversation that McCourt demanded that Ramirez meet with his teammates, the Times reported on its Web site Sunday, citing unidentified sources.

The Times says the meeting might happen sometime after the Dodgers begin a six-game road trip in Philadelphia on Tuesday.

General manager Ned Colletti confirmed that there was a meeting.

"All I can tell you is that we had two separate conversations. I had one with Manny, and Frank had one with Manny," Colletti told The Associated Press. "I'd say my conversation was a positive one. And from what Frank has relayed to me, I would say the same. That's all I'm going to say about the conversations."

When asked if Ramirez's voice showed any emotion, Colletti said: "Absolutely."

Colletti declined to say when or if Ramirez would show up in the clubhouse to address the issue. But Colletti acknowledged that the dreadlocked outfielder's separation from the ballclub remains a sensitive issue.

"Yeah," he said. "Why wouldn't it be? I really don't want to get into it."

Ramirez was absent from Dodger Stadium again Sunday, three days after he began serving a penalty imposed by Major League Baseball.

"He's still beat up by this thing," Los Angeles manager Joe Torre said Sunday, after speaking with Ramirez on Saturday. "Again, it's not that he feels it's unfair, but he's embarrassed and he still has to clear his head before he basically feels good enough to come out. Hopefully it's in the near future, but we didn't nail him down for a (specific) day."

Ramirez re-signed with the Dodgers in the offseason for a $45 million, two-year contract. He was suspended Thursday for violating baseball's drug policy.

He has said he did not take steroids and was given medication by a doctor that contained a banned substance. A person familiar with the details of the suspension said Ramirez used the female fertility drug HCG, or human chorionic gonadotropin. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the banned substance wasn't announced.

HCG is popular among steroid users because it can mitigate the side effects of ending a cycle of the drugs.

http://msn.foxsports...to-address-team
Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
So will Manny be in town to play in the 2009 All-Star game? Given that the Dodgers, currently the best MLB team, have no players leading at their position in fan voting, the Philly skipper will probably decide the player(s).

Poor Joe Torre, he must be a glutton for punishment.

Dodgers' Manny goes hitless, crowd doesn't care

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Los Angeles Dodgers slugger Manny Ramirez was welcomed back to baseball with rousing cheers.

In the minor leagues, anyway.

Ramirez, easing back into playing shape after a 50-game drug suspension, suited up for Tuesday night's game with the Albuquerque Isotopes, wearing No. 99 for the Dodgers' top farm club.

He played four innings and was hitless in two at-bats. The capacity crowd of 15,321 was the largest in Albuquerque's baseball history.

Fans lined the walkway from the clubhouse as Ramirez entered the field. They gathered near the dugout, clustering for autographs, and they seemed ready to forgive Ramirez for violating baseball's drug rules.

"People love me everywhere I go," Ramirez said before the game. "I'm excited to bring a lot of joy to a lot of people here. I feel good. I'm happy that I'm here."

There were scattered boos before Ramirez batted leading off but cheers began before he was introduced and grew louder when he approached the plate. Flashbulbs blinked from around the ballpark during his two at-bats.

Some fans wore fake dreadlocks in a salute to Ramirez. Many cheered and called "Manny!" after he struck out swinging against Nashville's Manny Parra and when he grounded out in the third.

Initially, Ramirez had vowed not to do interviews until he rejoins the Dodgers, which is expected to happen July 3 at San Diego.

Manny being Manny, that lasted just over an hour.

After going through stretching, warmups, batting practice and shagging flies in the outfield, Ramirez returned to a cramped corner of the Isotopes clubhouse and briefly held court.

One of the first questions was about whether he used steroids.

"I'm not talking about it anymore," he said. "I already said what I'm going to say. I'm here to do my rehab, you know, and (go) to the game and get a couple at-bats and get back to the big-league team."

He played left field Tuesday night for the Dodgers' Triple-A affiliate. Isotopes manager Tim Wallach said Ramirez will play five innings on Wednesday and seven on Thursday.

"It's more to get him on the field, to get him some innings out in left field, physically get him moving around," Wallach said. "The at-bats are important as well, just to see live pitching."

It wasn't certain if Ramirez will see the series finale on Friday.

"I'm sure they'll let me know on that soon," Wallach said.

Ramirez, who flew into Albuquerque aboard a Southwest Airlines commercial flight, said his plan is simply to work back into playing shape.

Asked if he was close, he replied: "Not really close. I haven't played like in 50 days, but I'm going to catch up slowly, day by day."

Isotopes infielder Blake DeWitt, who has shuttled between the Dodgers and Albuquerque this season, said Ramirez can be a positive influence in the minor league clubhouse.

"He knows how to get ready," DeWitt said. "The guy's done this a long time. He's had a ton of success."

Wallach said he spoke with Ramirez and offered to do whatever the slugger needs to prepare for his return to the majors. He also said they didn't bother to go over the signs.

"I told him he's got the green light, not to worry about the signs," Wallach said, laughing. "I won't be bunting or hitting-and-running with him. If he wants to run, he can run."

In Chicago, Dodgers manager Joe Torre was thrilled that his suspended slugger was playing ball again.

"I don't care what the results are, I just want to get him in game situations," said Torre, whose team was playing the White Sox. "He hasn't been missing for this period of time before. As much work as you do in the weight room and running on the field, it's still not the same as playing in a game. It's the game situation that sort of changes the atmosphere and your approach. I need to get him a number of games to get into the competition."

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/97213...oesn't-care
Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

carloscai

carloscai

Gold-Box-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,702 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 09-February 03
manny playing in the minor leagues? i won't mind if the paycheck is just as big.
I will miss you, HarleyD.

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
The Yankees in days of old had their murders' row. The Red Sox of the last decade will be remember for their clowns' gallery.

Ramirez retires amid drug policy 'issue'
Build the Border Fence

crimson

crimson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,079 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Joined 09-June 03
Posted ImageI will not let his stupid illegal doings besmirch 2004 & 2007.

Just as the Cubbies will someday find out, the victory is not a result of the players but the power of the fans.

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
According to the LA Time, Manny is part of financial frak up that the Dodgers has become. IMHO, put the blame on Bud who decisions has turn MLB into a 3 ring circus.

Dodgers File for Chapter 11 as McCourt Struggles to Keep Club

Build the Border Fence

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
According to Fox News, it seems Frank and Jamie took out $100 million in loans against the team, which got Bud POed. Word is that MLB officials feel that Frank would take the $3 billion from Fox, paid over 15 years, and not use it on the team. Finally, Manny is listed as the #1 creditor; but even if McCourt is allowed to file bankrupty, MLB is on the hook for the money.

Edited by kas, 27 June 2011 - 05:19 PM.

Build the Border Fence

dejavu

dejavu

blonde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,057 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 31-January 03
kind of on the topic, but off topic, I just got this email about baseball games and beer.

http://www.youtube.c...be_gdata_player
HarleyD ~ Riding with the Angels

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03

kind of on the topic, but off topic, I just got this email about baseball games and beer.

http://www.youtube.c...be_gdata_player

Unless one is making a run to the restroom, most beer drinkers at Busch Stadium are buying off the roving vendors, not a cup of draft beer from a concession stand. Each roving vendor carries a case of bottles and fill a cup with 12 oz of your favorite AB product. Now if you are in the middle of the row, proper manners means passing the cups to the buyers and then ensuring the vendors receive payment.
Build the Border Fence

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
Yes. Manny made the new again, for the wrong reason.

Sources: Ramirez arrested in Florida

Former All-Star slugger Manny Ramirez was arrested in Broward County, Fla., on Monday night and charged with domestic battery, law enforcement sources confirmed to FOXSports.com.

Ramirez was booked into the jail shortly before 9 p.m. ET and was held overnight, sources said. Ramirez made his first court appearance Tuesday morning and was ordered to have no direct contact with his wife.

Broward Circuit Judge Jon Hurley set bail at $2,500, but it was not immediately clear when Ramirez would leave the Broward County Jail.

According to a police report obtained by the Associated Press, Ramirez and his wife were arguing in their bedroom when he slapped her face, causing her to hit her head on their bed's headboard. She told the deputy she was afraid the situation would escalate and called police.

Ramirez denied hitting his wife, according to the police report. Ramirez's wife had injuries consistent with her story, but did not want medical treatment.

A source confirmed to FOXSports.com that Ramirez lives in the home with Juliana and his sons Lucas and Manny Jr.

Ramirez, 39, retired from baseball earlier this year following a second positive test for performance-enhancing drugs. His use of banned substances, which came to light late in his career, has called into question achievements that would have otherwise resulted in election to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Ramirez was the 2004 World Series MVP, made 12 All-Star teams, and hit 555 home runs in a 19-year career.

http://msn.foxsports...91211?gt1=39002

Bond of $2,500 ordered for retired baseball star Manny Ramirez after domestic battery charge

Includes a video of the wife beater at a bail hearing.

Edited by kas, 13 September 2011 - 07:39 AM.

Build the Border Fence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users