Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Free White Cane Program For Blind/Visually Impaired Indivduals From National Federation of the Blind

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 143,880 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Free White Cane Program
We believe the long white cane is a means to independence. The white cane has proved a useful tool to millions of blind people in navigating their environments with confidence and safety. It is a tool which allows blind people to travel where and when they want, and as such leads to self-sufficiency.

We believe that independence and freedom to travel are so important to the quality of life of blind people that every blind person should have a cane, regardless of ability to pay.

We are giving, free of charge to the user, straight fiberglass canes. The canes are available in the following lengths: 53, 55, 57, 59, 61, and 63 inches.

Request a free white cane!

Edited by kar522, 08 April 2010 - 01:35 AM.

Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

StinkBuggie

StinkBuggie

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 29-September 08
Nice program

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 143,880 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

Free White Cane Program
We believe the long white cane is a means to independence. The white cane has proved a useful tool to millions of blind people in navigating their environments with confidence and safety. It is a tool which allows blind people to travel where and when they want, and as such leads to self-sufficiency.

We believe that independence and freedom to travel are so important to the quality of life of blind people that every blind person should have a cane, regardless of ability to pay.

Request a free white cane!

Updated link...

Free Cane Program
Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users