Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Lehman bankrupt, Merrill acquired, AIG tottering...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Alan

Alan

Kablooie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,732 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

As an old person I worry more about interest rates getting lowered...I have a big CD to renew come next May...It does have to stay in MOL that form since it was part of my mother's IRA...otherwise I have to pay big time income taxes on the principal...I only have to take out about $400 and change a year...

Kar, at this point I'd be happy that the principle hasn't gone down like if it were in stocks. It's devalued due to inflation, but at least it's not down 50% or more.
I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow - Woodrow Wilson

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,042 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 23-December 02
Stress test results: Banks must raise $75 billion

Ten of the nation's 19 largest banks will need to raise a total of $74.6 billion in capital, federal officials announced Thursday, bringing an end to relentless speculation about how much more money the nation's leading banks would need to withstand the recession.

Monga

Monga

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,016 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 06-February 03

Stress test results: Banks must raise $75 billion

Ten of the nation's 19 largest banks will need to raise a total of $74.6 billion in capital, federal officials announced Thursday, bringing an end to relentless speculation about how much more money the nation's leading banks would need to withstand the recession.

Watch them raise our banking fees...
You'll be missed, HarleyD.

NARC

NARC

Arresting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,168 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 11-February 03
Wells has a $6B stock offering tomorrow to help offset that.

Waddle

Waddle

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 05-February 03
wow...after hearing the news that 19 banks need to raise $75 billion, I thought the market would tank today. But the market opened up today... -blink-
RIP HarleyD

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 151,629 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Former AIG Chief Sues U.S. For $25 Billion

Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

Not MIA...just trying to figure out Windows 8!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users