Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Lord, spare me from the latest Apple buzz

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

LisaHS

LisaHS

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 27-May 05
-lol-

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
I guess being the other 'Steve', doesn't mean jack.

Posted Image

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak holds up his new Apple iPhone 4S as he leaves on a scooter from the Apple store in Los Gatos, Calif., Friday, Oct. 14, 2011. Wozniak waited 20 hours in line to be the first Apple customer at the Los Gatos Apple store to buy the new iPhone.

Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
Fridge magnet poses security threat to iPad 2

All this sneaky individual has to do is press down the device's power button (that's the one on the top edge) until "slide to power off" appears on the screen. After that he or she simply slides a magnet along the right edge of the device's screen until it dims briefly and then taps the on-screen "cancel" button.

Build the Border Fence

Given a choice, voters in the majority of states have reaffirm The Defense of Marriage Act, each and every time. It was wrong for judges and politicians to enact legal policies that are typically not honored in the majority of states. To be clear to the 'No H8' crowd, many Americans will never except an 'Adam and Steve' union as equal to a traditional marriage. It ain't hatery, they are just living their values.

kas

kas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Joined 02-August 03
Really like to know where Samsung smartphones have sold like hotcakes.

Samsung New #1 Smartphone Vendor Over Apple

In the third quarter of 2011, Samsung was the king of the smartphone world, with one report showing the domination of the manufacturer overtaking Apple's global reign.

While smartphone sales in the U.S. dipped for the first time during the same duration, the rest of the world was busy snapping up the devices. According to the latest research from Strategy Analytics, "Global smartphone shipments grew 44 percent annually to reach a record 117 million units in the third quarter of 2011. Samsung overtook Apple to claim top spot as the world’s number one smartphone vendor." The company shipped 28 million smartphones and gained 24 percent of the market.

Alex Spektor, Senior Analyst at Strategy Analytics, explained Samsung's leapfrog:

Samsung’s rise has been driven by a blend of elegant hardware designs, popular Android services, memorable sub-brands and extensive global distribution. Samsung has demonstrated that it is possible, at least in the short term, to differentiate and grow by using the Android ecosystem.

When we got in touch with Spektor, he also said that Apple not releasing the iPhone 4S until after the third quarter had something to do with Samsung's ascension. But, the strong showing could also not be laid on the shoulders of the popular and highly anticipated Galaxy S II, which did not ship until after the third quarter was over.

Neil Mawston, Director at Strategy Analytics, added some more insights into the push-and-pull between Samsung and Apple:

After just one quarter in the top spot, Apple slipped behind Samsung to second position and captured 15 percent share. Apple’s global smartphone growth rate slowed to just 21 percent annually in Q3 2011, its lowest level for two years. We believe Apple’s growth during the third quarter was affected by consumers and operators awaiting the launch of the new iPhone 4S in the fourth quarter, volatile economic conditions in several key countries, and tougher competition from Samsung’s popular Galaxy S II model.

But wait, what about Nokia? Unfortunate naming snafu aside, will the new Windows-Phone-powered Lumia be a chance for the one-time phone superpower to recover?

For now, Nokia has continued to slide down the abyss, reaching only 14 percent of the global smartphone market share in the third quarter, from 33 percent a year earlier. But Tom Kang, Director at Strategy Analytics thinks there may be hope for it to bounce back: “The transition from Symbian to Microsoft as Nokia’s main smartphone platform has clearly been a very challenging process this year. The recent launch of the new Microsoft Lumia portfolio has helped to raise Nokia’s profile, and Nokia will be hoping the partnership with Microsoft can drive at least an L-shaped recovery in its global smartphone market share over the next few months.”

http://beta.msnbc.ms...entries/8523241
Build the Border Fence

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 151,767 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
At the next school district over, K-4 students are all issued i-Pads...older students get laptops...Our local kids have to be happy with a zip drive...

Goodbye Textbooks, Hello iPad

A technology shift is under way. The PC’s promise to transform how learning happens in the classroom is being realized by Apple’s iPad.

Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

Not MIA...just trying to figure out Windows 8!

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 151,767 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Original Apple Contract Fetches $1.6M At Auction

Posted Image

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 151,767 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Apple Confirms $3 Billion Beats Deal

Tech company announces acquisition of Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine's growing audio empire.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 151,767 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Apple Admits Some Celebrity Accounts Were Hacked

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 151,767 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Apple iPhone 6 Pre-Order Demand Overwhelms Supply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users