Welcome to bargainshare
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Blame it on the Corn..Or The Weather...Stories Relating to Groceries/Shopping

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 153,521 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Big Bite: Pentagon Budget Cuts Could Raise Troops' Grocery Bills

Where I am is where I need to be...
Just Another Chicago Born & Raised Kook
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

Not MIA...just trying to figure out Windows 8!

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 153,521 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03

General Mills Scraps Controversial New Legal Terms

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.~Catherine Aird

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 153,521 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Nutella Fans Brace for a Disappointment

Bad weather conditions in Turkey have caused a major shortage of hazelnuts which is one of the prime ingredients of the spread. Turkey accounts for over 70 percent of the world's production of hazelnuts. Unfeasible weather conditions like hailstorms and frost during the crucial growing months have damaged the hazelnut crop and impacted the harvest by almost 30 percent. The shortage in production has caused hazelnut prices to increase by more than 60 percent, the highest that it has been in the last 10 years.

The hazelnut crisis has left buyers reeling and consumers may have to face higher prices or lesser availability of products that use hazelnuts. Ferrero, the Piedmont-based company purchases as much as 25% of the world's production of hazelnuts to make Nutella and the famous Ferrero Rocher chocolate. Every jar of Nutella is known to use about 50 hazelnuts. This makes it most vulnerable to a shortage in the availability of hazelnuts and its price surge.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 153,521 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
The World's Biggest Chocolate-Maker Says We're Running Out Of Chocolate

As this future year unfolds, the gap between how much cocoa the world wants to consume and how much it can produce will swell to 1 million metric tons, according to Mars Inc. and Barry Callebaut, the world's largest chocolate maker. By 2030, the predicted shortfall will grow to 2 million tons. And so on.

Because of disease, drought, rapacious new markets and the displacement of cacao by more-productive crops such as corn and rubber, demand is expected to outstrip supply by an additional 1 million tons every decade for the foreseeable future. Here, now, as you read these words, the world is running out of chocolate.

kar522

kar522

Nana Bargainshare

• Staff
  • 153,521 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Joined 02-February 03
Blame it on the restaurants & cooking shows...

Egg Prices Hit Record High As Demand Grows

Large ones are on sale @ my litte grocery for $1.99 dozen...in the summer they're usually around $1.29...still cheap for enough product to feed a mid-size family...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users